6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

DashDaq-XL

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Received 2,470 Likes on 1,711 Posts
DashDaq-XL

The DashDaqII is no longer available. It has been reppaced w/ the DashDaq-XL. DashDAQ Software and driver updates will continue to be forward compatible with the DashDAQ-XL and backwards compatible with the DashDAQ series II. If you have a DashDAQ Series II, you will still be able to get the latest software and drivers. We are also considering a special upgrade offer for existing customers.

DashDAQ • View topic - DashDAQ XL Information

Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
I opened up this thread hoping to see that you got yourself a DD XL..

Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 AM
BigRy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That post says June 27, 2009.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:16 AM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by BigRy
That post says June 27, 2009.
Wow -now that was embarrassing! I didn't even notice the date of that post BigRy. What is interesting, and I guess the reason for me thinking that the XL was new, is that the Drew site (on the order screen) still lists the DasDaq Series II.

William - I am ordering one this morning! - w/ the Ford enhanced bundle - $644. Finally getting around to spending the Christmas $$'s.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Cowboy65
Elder User
Mark, congrats on the new purchase, the DashDAQ is high on my wish list. Let us know how the unit performs after you get some experience with it.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:38 AM
bismic
Fleet Owner
It should arrive on Tuesday of next week!! can't wait ....

Old 02-19-2010, 04:57 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
First DashDaq disappointment -

I have read on the DrewTech website that the DashDaq will only read FICM voltage to 31V. It appears that the unit cannot be used to verify FICM health.

On the other hand, there is help on the website that indicates with add-on electronics, fuel pressure and egt READINGS might be possible.

I will keep ya'll informed of what I find (I am still excited).

Old 02-19-2010, 05:10 PM
04Xcursion
Tuned
Originally Posted by bismic
First DashDaq disappointment -

I have read on the DrewTech website that the DashDaq will only read FICM voltage to 31V. It appears that the unit cannot be used to verify FICM health.

On the other hand, there is help on the website that indicates with add-on electronics, fuel pressure and egt READINGS might be possible.

I will keep ya'll informed of what I find (I am still excited).
Mark,

Just a couple of things, DD FICM issues: I have not as of yet figured out what the unit actually reads. It shows something but I haven't been able to get any info from Drewtech as to what the readings actually mean.

Fuel pressure and EGTs are indeed available with additional hardware. I use Innovate products and have been successful. I know others have been using USBPhidgets and have also had good luck. The hardware you choose is entirely up to you.

I think you will be quite happy with the DD based on how many configurations are available and how many things you can look at at one time

Have fun with the new toy.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe you are talking about the widgets, or something like that, that they use from 3rd party companies to get those readings. There are a few on here that use the Spartan tuner that have them for the EGTs, I don't know about the fuel pressure readings though.

I think you also have to upgrade the firmware as well in order for those sensors to be read.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:15 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
It should arrive on Tuesday of next week!! can't wait ....
Cool.. Looking forward to learning from your observations.. Cograts on the new toy!!

Old 02-19-2010, 05:30 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Very interested in your report after the install, Mark. In particular, if you get an EGT monitor working. Did you order it with the GPS nav? Sure would be nice to have that all in one touch screen unit.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:36 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by 04Xcursion
Mark,

Just a couple of things, DD FICM issues: I have not as of yet figured out what the unit actually reads. It shows something but I haven't been able to get any info from Drewtech as to what the readings actually mean.

Fuel pressure and EGTs are indeed available with additional hardware. I use Innovate products and have been successful. I know others have been using USBPhidgets and have also had good luck. The hardware you choose is entirely up to you.

I think you will be quite happy with the DD based on how many configurations are available and how many things you can look at at one time

Have fun with the new toy.
I saw your posts on the Forum and was disappointed at the response. I was going to add a post to your thread, but I was at work and got busy!!

Do you have a parts list for the fuel pressure and EGT add-ons?

What made you choose Innovate over Zeitronix or Phidgets?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:38 PM
bismic
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by bpounds
Very interested in your report after the install, Mark. In particular, if you get an EGT monitor working. Did you order it with the GPS nav? Sure would be nice to have that all in one touch screen unit.
I got cheap and did not get the GPS system. I already have a GPS. I may regret having to manage two units though ......

Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM
04Xcursion
Tuned
I saw your posts on the Forum and was disappointed at the response. I was going to add a post to your thread, but I was at work and got busy!!

Do you have a parts list for the fuel pressure and EGT add-ons?

What made you choose Innovate over Zeitronix or Phidgets?
I chose Innovate for a couple of reasons, but the biggest one was the ability to connect a nearly unlimited number of inputs. I'm a self confessed data junky and the knowledge that I can turn my vehicle into a running test platform if I want to appeals to me

I must say the Innovate product was a breeze to connect and set up. I chose the LMA-3 box to start with which gives me a dedicated EGT channel and 4 more inputs which I can configure as desired. It also comes in a nice self contained box, not an open to atmosphere PCB. For the EGT probe I just used a K-type thermocouple I had left over from a previous job.

That being said if I was only going to do EGTs I may have chosen Phidgets due to their cost.

As for the fuel pressure sensor, any pressure sensor with a 0-5V output range will work for you. I bought this one from Innovate and it does the job nicely.

I think the Zeitronix ZT-2 is a good product, I just didn't need any of the oxygen sensor hardware that comes with it and the LMA-3 was a little cheaper.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 PM
juneau76
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am ordering one this morning! - w/ the Ford enhanced bundle - $644. Finally getting around to spending the Christmas $$'s.
Congratulations and I'm jealous. I'm jealous of you getting one AND that you obviously got more Christmas money than me.

Quick Reply: DashDaq-XL