2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pcm Re-flash

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:14 PM
ELO168
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pcm Re-flash

Went to the dealer today to try get the pcm re-flash due to bad throttle respond, the service advisor, not such a thing as re-flash pcm, ford have not made any recall on it.
it seems the advisor have no clue what the hell is going on
How can convince them to re-flash the pcm for me?
thanks

Old 09-04-2004, 08:44 PM
khendrix
Senior User
Find on this forum where people are talking about going to the dealer and getting their computers re-programmed and print it out. Take it to him and say, "Hey buddy, every other dealer in the US reflashes our onboard computer, now do it to mine!!?!?!"

Old 09-04-2004, 09:02 PM
txfx4x4
Senior User
When I see things like this, the first thing that comes to mind is: Find Another Dealer. If you have silly, uninformed responses like this with simple, well documented matters, what's going to happen if you have a real problem?

Old 09-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
If you want to see all the recalls, TSBs and the like for your vehicle go to www.alldata.com and sign up for their DIY service. everything is listed there.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:33 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats because there isnt a recall on it. but there is an update that you can get; depends on how lazy the guy you talk to is.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:29 PM
madinak
New User
Blitzen25bm is correct - there is no TSB at this time to reflash the PCM. I took mine in last week and mentioned "Driveability" and the hesitation. Before I could say anything else my service advisor said they would check for an update to the PCM and if one was available they would do it. Wasn't sure they had actually done the work until I got home and checked under the hood for the "Authorized Modifications" sticker indicating they had done the work.

If your dealer doesn't know what you are talking about I'd say he was either lazy or doesn't have the capability to perform the reflash - I'd bet on the last.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:36 PM
boomer08
Senior User
I heard everyone that had their PCM reflashed that the dealer put a sticker under the hood but mine did not or I couldn't find it. The slip of paper that they sent home with me showed they reflashed and I can spin the tires now where I couldn't before so I am pretty sure they did it. Also on myfordvehicles.com in the service log section it shows that they did the reflash.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:47 PM
ELO168
Junior User
thanks guys
i will try another dealer next week
lets see how good they are.
will keep you posted
thanks

Old 09-06-2004, 11:11 PM
TWellmann
Senior User
I went to the dealer a week ago and had mine reflashed. When I first asked about it the service rep didn't know anything about it but his supervisor was standing right there and said "write it up and we'll check".

The reflash made the truck more responsive and it feels like it has more power...I've also got the sticker under the hood stating that it was reflashed.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:59 PM
JeepnAggie
Freshman User
Took my truck to Houston dealer last week to get PCM reflashed. They checked it all and said no updates where available for my truck. Said everything was updated and "re-flash" wasn't necessary. Gas mileage continues to be less than 11 mpg., highway, city, or tow truck....

Old 09-08-2004, 06:41 AM
lardman
Elder User
FYI, I didn't see a TSB stating there is a PCM update...

Old 01-10-2005, 12:36 PM
ftkcignusx1
New User
Question Service Log - myfordvehicles.com

Originally Posted by boomer08
I heard everyone that had their PCM reflashed that the dealer put a sticker under the hood but mine did not or I couldn't find it. The slip of paper that they sent home with me showed they reflashed and I can spin the tires now where I couldn't before so I am pretty sure they did it. Also on myfordvehicles.com in the service log section it shows that they did the reflash.
Where on myfordvehicles.com is the service log section where one can see service done on their vehicle? Is this a service you have to pay for to access?

Old 01-10-2005, 01:42 PM
BigTRQ
New User
Originally Posted by madinak
...Wasn't sure they had actually done the work until I got home and checked under the hood for the "Authorized Modifications" sticker indicating they had done the work...
Just where does this sticker go? I "supposedly" had the reflash done, but have no sticker I can find.

-Travis

Last edited by BigTRQ; 01-10-2005 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:27 PM
kayakingBill
New User
Reflash

When I took my 2004 SCAB in for its 12000 oil change, I asked my dealer to reflash and they did without any argument. The service person said that he had installed the latest and now needed to justify doing it to Ford. He said that he had fixed my erratic gas guage with the reflash( with a smile on his face). Maybe you also have an erratic gas guage??? Hint... I notice the damn hesitation is gone.

Old 01-10-2005, 02:43 PM
HamRadio
Freshman User
The TSB is........

TSB 04-21-14

This is the one for the 2004 F-150 5.4L

Get a copy of it if you can and when you go to the service rep put it under his/her nose! They may ask you "Do you have this problem?"
Say, "Darn right I do so you need to reprogam the PCM to the latest calibration using WDS release B33.9 or higher and be sure to put the sticker under the hood to indicate what release the PCM was updated to"

If they say there is no update for your PCM tell them "then why do I have this throttle lag?"

Come on people, your the customer. Tell the service rep "I'm telling you to take care of my problem or I take my business someplace else!" If they balk at that go someplace else. But be sure and file a complaint directly with the service manager and dealer.

I was lucky that the dealer I went to was responsive even though they asked me if I had the problem. I still had to show them there was a TSB out on this issue.

Quick Reply: Pcm Re-flash