2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster/BANKS exhuast w/ dual exit ?

Old 09-03-2004, 08:27 PM
YOMAN
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BANKS MONSTER Exhaust system w/ dual exit:

ANy one running this set up? how do you like it ??

I m torn between Flowmaster 40 or Banks...Flowmaster is a bit cheaper.

Borla is okay to me...owned one on my Wrangler and kind of quiet for me and end up w/ Flowmaster and love it.

Does it matter to have 2 exit or is it about the same as single exit?

I want to feel rumble at idle and nice sound at any curising ride and better performance, of course..

Just ordered direct replacement air filter to K&N.

Big thanks!
YOMAN!

Old 09-04-2004, 01:48 AM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
YO, the reason it was so quiet was because of what you had in front of that Borla. let me take a guess........4.0L. Jeep produces pretty good stuff but their engines don't have the Ummph to give you that throaty deep sound! I went with the Borla because it doesn't pound on everyone else's cars when you're sitting at the light idling. but when mated with this 5.4 the system produces an awesome sound. IMHO, Flow****** is just for noise. it's all preference!

Old 09-04-2004, 07:50 AM
YOMAN
Elder User
Yeah i agreed with you that Wrangler has 4.0L..

Does Borla feel rumble at ilde ? Thats what i want and better sounds at any ciurising..

Old 09-04-2004, 11:11 AM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
YO, like I said earlier if you're looking for volume at idle, then go with the flow. If you'd think you'd like (IMHO) Quality sound but not so aggressively annoying, go with either Banks, Borla or even SpinTech. I really can't give you a report on any other but for what I heard so far I like the idea of not having to shut down my Baby while she's at idle just to talk to someone standing beside her. One thing is for sure though, I can feel her when she's idling but when you give her the juice ( oh yeah Baby) she's like Girls Gone Wild! another thing, she cruises with a nice aggressive tone and as explained to me by Exhaust System tech, the "Tip" is very important! he had allot of different styles but when he spoke through each, the sound was very different. that is why I went with the 3"Dx18"L. give it a try the next time you step into a showroom. Mine is as goes: 3" Stainless from the cat heading into the single inlet (for no flow restrictions), exiting the stainless muffler... dual 2.5 pipes to the 3" tips. verdict- a very impressive sound and performance. get up under your truck and take a look at the stock muffler, "WOW" the thing is hugh! can only imagine the restriction.

Old 09-04-2004, 12:28 PM
MommysCrew
Junior User
Don't forget Gibson

I have a set in a box in the gararge, I wish they were on and I could talk abou t the sound. The dimensions sound the same as HawaiianStyle's except the pipes both exit out the back like the stock ones do.
I went with these because I don't really want to shout inside the truck at the kids, (or more than I do now), they were stainless steel but cheaper than Borla, and I heard that some out the back systems required moving or burning the tire and could also interfere with some towing applications.
The tips look good and they are huge.

When they are on I'll see if my mpeg mode can grab a sound and I'll try to post it here.

By reading all the posts here, sound is like beauty or art. We all have that ideal in our head, or the volume level we want to obtain. I hope mine is what I'm looking for.