2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just put power locks/alarm in my STX

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just put power locks/alarm in my STX

I couldn't live without power locks so I ordered the Autoloc CL2000 (power lock kit with actuators), ST8000 (alarm module & remote keyless entry) and the RS1050 (remote start module) from Auto_Techs on ebay. $125 shipped to my door. Autoloc, Stellar alarms are the same company and they warrant everything for life. Very nice kit to install. Wiring harnesses were more than long enough, high quality wire with nice soft weatherproof connectors already on them. Actuators for the locks were small and easily fit with no bending the actuator rods and one screw hole actually already in the door!! I did not install some of the alarm modules (parking light/headlight flash, valet switch, LED that shows when armed,etc) and I did not install the remote start yet as I need a PATS bypass module before that will work, but this kit was exceptional and the pricing from Melinda was unbeatable. The remotes are 4 button, but multi-function and they have blue LEDS that light to show that it's sending signal. No lock switches needed as the actuators have micro switches in them so when you pull the door handle, the doors unlock. Pushing the door lock **** down locks both doors and of course you can use the remotes. I was going to document the install with pics, but got lazy!! Took about 3 hours (I'm very picky when I do installs) but is worth it to me. I'll order the power window kit next and that will work with the remotes once installed. If any of you are considering this, feel free to contact me. The hardest part was getting the wires from the doors into the cab. The rubber boots end in connectors so you can't route the wires through them. I had to drill 1/2" holes to route the wires through while using some of the rubber boot and some weatherproof wire looms and silicone sealer.

All in all a worthwhile mod.