Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2004, 08:35 PM
New User

Torb968 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Changing a Fuel Filter 2001 F-150

Can anyone provide some instruction on changing a fuel filter on a 2001 F-150 SC 5.4L?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2004, 09:52 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
Yep, you first need to depressurize the fuel system. on the drivers side near the kick panel, there is a fuel shut-off inertia switch. Unplug it and crank the truck until it won't start.
Then, using the proper fuel line tool (available at mast any auto parts store), insert it into one of the fuel line fittings and pull the line from the filter. Some gas will come out, so watch your eyes. Repeat on the other line. Remove the filter from the mount and install the new one. Push the lines back on as far as you can get them, then tug on them to make sure that they are secure. Plut the inertia switch back in. Turn the key on for 5 sec. then turn it back off. Repeat 5 times. Then start the truck and look for leaks immediatly.

The filter is located on the drivers side framerail about under the rear seat.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 09-01-2004, 04:46 PM
New User

Torb968 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fuel Filter 2001 F-150

Thanks for the info I'll tackle this this weekend. I had one changed around 43K at a jiffy lube and it took the guy all of 10 mins so I'm thinking it can't be that hard.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:49 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
NAW, I did mine about a month ago. About 10min's to do it myself.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 09-01-2004, 07:49 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System

Tags
01, 150, 2001, changing, f150, feul, filter, find, ford, fuel, fuelfilter2001, inertia, pressure, release, switch, truck