Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

NW Montana Meet attendees only please

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation NW Montana Meet attendees only please

Ok guys and ladies.. dis is da spot for you to leave info for the meet.

1. You and how many will be coming with you.

2. Your sleeping arrangements. Camping out at mtflats, a local campground or a hotel. ( I may even break out my pup tent and sleeping bag from the dust bin and camp over...heh heh... a night out and not even at work!

3. How long do you plan to stay? ( Remember..Matt was planning a drive to Billings for some races there. We also have some good races up here, but I don't have the NASCAR or the season BIG race dates yet...I promise I'll find em.)

Food at the campsite will be a go shopping and bring your own. Between mtflat and I, we should have enough grills to cook a feast.

OK--yer on.....let me know da facts... only da facts..and nuttin BUT da facts!

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-07-2004 at 01:32 AM. Reason: add stuff
Old 05-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love the sig....

present plans are for the 79 to show up bearing two FTE'ers, Royce and Myself. I'm a campin' kind of guy, and I will be tenting. I don't know Royce's plans yet, he just got a new job... I'll let him enlighten you guys.

Old 05-07-2004, 02:13 AM
the law
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be happy to enlighten when I know what's going on. But I live under a rock. A very large rock. But not the RimRocks. I'm not a wealthy man.

Old 05-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by the law
I'll be happy to enlighten when I know what's going on. But I live under a rock. A very large rock. But not the RimRocks. I'm not a wealthy man.
Wealth is not the issue... having some fun and meeting some great FORD people is. I am no where near wealthy..just cuz I drive a newer truck only means Im much deeper in debt than you are. If you can manage the time off and a ride up with matt or someone...please come. I can buy a few extra hotdogs and beans.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:29 AM
the law
Elder User
Thanks, man. I was more refering to the neighborhoods under the RimRocks in Billings, which contain wealthy people. If I have the time off, I certainly plan to come, it's just the occasional difficulty of getting time off a few months after you start a job. I reckon I can swing it, but we'll see.

Old 05-08-2004, 03:09 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I happen to have about 20lbs of venison that needs to disappear from my freezer, so it'll come along. some is ground, the rest is steaks. to make the best burgers, somebody will have to buy the fattiest pork sausage they can find.

wow I'm tired, been tending to my new forum, needs a lot of work.

Old 05-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Talking

Ahhhhh...20# of Venison.... then what are you gonna bring for YOU to eat? Well, by golly, if you bring venison burger and steaks, then that would make for at least one or two good meals...add a tater salad, baked beans ( to add entertainment ), perhaps a couple beers......and you all can ride in someone elses truck on the drive up to Glacier!!!!! Hmmm... guess I could add a spray can of Ozium and issue one each to my passengers and I can carry 4 people comfortably and 5 if the middle in back is smallish. Of course, we could all ride in the back of mtflat's truck too..so I guess that is all taken care of.

Hmmmm. Well,we now have what?...6 people?? OK you Billings, Wyoming, NoDakian, SouDakian and Iowa people....we know you are dying to spend a few bucks and see the most beautifil spot on Earth... well..ok...in NW Mt anyway. Come on now... you have to go somewhere on vacation. Tell the kids this will be better than Disneyland, the wife it's better than QVC and make da plans!! Only 3 months to go and counting.

I also posted in the Northwest Chapter about the meet, since there may be some folks in Washington and Idaho that might like to come over.

And... which new forum? Aren't you still bein da man here too? You mean we are footloose and fancy free now? OMG. (faints)

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-08-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
when you became pres, it automatically removed me. soon there will only be one moderator for the entire chapters section. its no big deal...

Old 05-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well matt... that just ain't right. You were officially, by the poll elected. If you want it man.. its yours. I don't think Ken would mind switching things around to help you out. I think you have probably been a good moderator and I also think you'd make a good Chapter Leader too. Wanna talk about it?

Old 05-09-2004, 05:43 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
I happen to have about 20lbs of venison that needs to disappear from my freezer, so it'll come along. some is ground, the rest is steaks. to make the best burgers, somebody will have to buy the fattiest pork sausage they can find.

wow I'm tired, been tending to my new forum, needs a lot of work.

While you two are sorting out the pres thing, I thot I ought to mention that I'm just a 1/4 mile down the road from one of the finest butcher shops in the valley - Farm to Market Pork - and I'm sure you could pick up some pork sausage there to mix with the venison!

Old 05-10-2004, 02:03 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
ruin perfectly good ground venison by adding pork??? *wrinkles nose...EWWWWW* roflmao...i ain't a huge pork fan, but i suppose i could choke down a couple burgers...but the steaks are what i'll be lookin forward to...i might hafta do some fishin and bring a mess of some sorta fish to the bbq (suckers ok??? ), or mebbe a few gophers or squirrels...

anyway...enough about the food...chances are, if it's a mid-week thing, i'll only be able to make it out for the evenings, depending on what i have goin after work and what-not...as for sleeping arrangements...i'll probably stay at home, as that's where i'm most comfy...lol...

also, my son's 2nd b-day was yesterday, the 8th, and i got him...yes, you guessed it...a camo FORD hat...it reads "My Dad Drives A FORD"...can be found in Wal-mart in the sporting goods section...least that's where i found this one...his step-dad is a chevy fan, so i'm also workin with him on sayin "Chevy Uckie"....lol...gotta git the kid started in the right direction early...

Michael

Old 05-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Ya gotta start em early Mike.

It's okay Dick, we'll just switch presidents every time we have a meet in a different state....

Old 05-11-2004, 04:48 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
Ya gotta start em early Mike.

It's okay Dick, we'll just switch presidents every time we have a meet in a different state....
hmmmm..we gotta narrow this state thing down then, eh? LOL. If it weren't for having so many states listed in the Drifters, we wouldn't have enough people to have a meet. Have thought about running a personal add in the papers... FTE..Ford Truck Enthusiasts and put the website on there. See if we can get more Mt folks interested. ( Or even aware we exist)

Old 06-03-2004, 11:01 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Bump.

See more detailed info on accomodations in NOOB post. If necessary I'll copy it here.

I've been working like crazy trying to get my shop remodel finished before you guys get here. Don't want you to see my unfinished mess.............

Old 06-03-2004, 10:03 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Here's my situation: I still don't know if my friend is coming with or not. He's one of those guys that is either at work or in the shop; nearly impossible to get ahold of on the phone. I'm thinking of running up and talking to him this weekend to find out for sure. Makes a big difference in my travel plans if he goes or not.

If I come alone I'm gonna see about getting a tent (maybe one that mounts on the back of the truck). Depends on cost. Overall I think I can do this whole trip under a $1,000 (fuel, food, hotel, extras).

About the shootin', I don't have a firearm. I'll buy the ammo if anyone has an extra .22 to spare.

That's all I can think of for now. If anyone has any suggestions on stuff I should bring, let me know. I don't want to hit the Montana border and go "Oh no, I forgot the _______!"

Quick Reply: NW Montana Meet attendees only please