Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Senior User

robduval is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help!!!!

i have a 74 f-750 with a blown motor. one rod is shot and the block is cracked. it has a 361 in it now, i'm looking for a 361 or a 391. i have a 390 in decent shape but will have to do to much to make it work in my truck. does any one know where i can find one of these motors? i'm running out of time very quickly here and need a motor. i have tried most of the junk yards from concord nh to NY and come up empty handed. i will pay for a motor or trade the 390 for a good motor. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Junior User

Silverback is starting off with a positive reputation.
rob, I can't think of the name right off, but there's an engine rebuilder in Lynn, right off the Lynnway. It's something like New England Rebuilders. a friend did a lot of business with them years ago- they've been around a long time. I'll check around and get back to you.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Senior User

Steve91 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The only truck junkards that I know of are in Hampton and Portsmouth. I don't remember their names, but both are on Rt. 1.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Junior User

Silverback is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback
rob, I can't think of the name right off, but there's an engine rebuilder in Lynn, right off the Lynnway. It's something like New England Rebuilders. a friend did a lot of business with them years ago- they've been around a long time. I'll check around and get back to you.
That place is gone, unfortunately. But Harbor Auto Parts in Lynn is a possibility, if you want to go that way. I assume you checked with Tony's (Haverhill, MA)and Brandy Brow(Plaistow,NH)?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Senior User

Steve91 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can tell you that Brandy Brow has nothing in mediums right now, except for a couple of school buses (one IH, one GMC; both diesel). I was there today.
Tony's is a possibility. They usually keep a few mediums. The last time I was in there, they had turned into complete a-holes, though. 978-372-8361
Old 08-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Senior User

robduval is starting off with a positive reputation.
i all ready tried randy's notta and the place in portsmouth was a no go as well. thanks for the help and just keep an eye peeled. oh yeah if you know some one with one of these motors in a rotted out truck i will buy the entire thing if i have to.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter