Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Quiet Lurker

theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.
'89 Ford F150 xtn Cab 4x4

For the last 5 years I have owned an ill 150, very sick, with multiple problems..

Last week I picked it up from a place in Memphis, with a NEW engine in it, and new hoses, water pump, alternator, serpantine belt, smog stuff, and front seat.. (the old rear seat from my '96...) It works at last, and can be driven, which is great, it is a nice truck, just looks terrible, so I need to clean it up, and paint the thing. The hood is kind of grey in places, rusty in others, and some parts are the same red as the rest of the truck, so it would be good to get everything the same color. It sat 'neath a tree for the last 2 years, not turning a wheel, so it is grimy in the extreme, but some simple green should cure that aspect.

I learned of a new source for tires that totally blew my mind - you guys probably all know it and use it, but I had never thought of going to Walmart, for tires.. The F150 now has a set of Liberator Tires (made by Michelin) from Wally world, for way less than I thought possible. You are never too old to learn something new...

I need to get the camera out, and take a photo or two for my gallery of the thing.

Theo

and a few other things - Mack truck, Iveco truck, Freightliner truck, Mahindra 4025, Mechron, grasshopper...
Old 08-27-2004, 10:20 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
Glad you got the old beastly running again. Kinda a good feeling after watching it sit for so long. I've been buying tires for the wife's little car from wally world for several years now. The prices for 13" tires out there can hardly be sneezed at. I have BFG All Terrain Radials on my truck, and really like them, so I will have to continue to pay through the nose for them, from another dealer. Thank goodness I don't travel far enough in it that I have to have them replaced every year.

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 08-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Quiet Lurker

theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.
I found the Wally world source because of a trailer tire that showed wires one morning, after parking it, and the camper in their car park overnight. Out of politeness, when I camp in a Walmart lot, I get stuff from the store, and I needed a tire.. A 15 inch radial, for my ute trailer, cost me all of $30 + tax.. That cannot be sneezed at at all. so I am converted to Wally.. They even have a tire rated for Slik's 250. We got a set of tires for the rear of her truck in California for $450 the two.. Wally will sell us four for less than that. The tires seem good, made by Michelin.) So we will give them a try.

Theo

and a few other things - Mack truck, Iveco truck, Freightliner truck, Mahindra 4025, Mechron, grasshopper...
Old 08-27-2004, 02:48 PM