1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Women and Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 10:44 PM
ms_michelle
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Women and Trucks

How do you guys feel about women who build their own trucks? Do you view us as all right, but not the kind of woman you would want to marry? Do you view us as Tom boys? Do you maybe view us as an aberration. Or would you want to be married to woman that could sling wrenches with you? Please be honest with your answers, as what ever you say will not hurt my feelings. These are legitimate questions that I would honestly like to have answers too. Also if you have thoughts other than what I posted above please add them. www.michellesfords.com

Michelle

Old 08-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Grave Robber
New User
Thumbs up Marriage?

Absolutly would dig it Michelle. If i were single and young again,i probably would look for someone just like ya! No need to worry about being quote"Allright". The most important thing is to be ones self. Tom Boys are cool i think, but so are girly girls ;-)

Old 08-24-2004, 11:15 PM
kooper909
Elder User
It'd be great to have a girl that knows trucks ... as long as she doesn't know more than me.

Old 08-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master

Personally, I admire women who build their own trucks, and I don't see them as Tomboys at all.

I think it would be great to have a wife who could sling wrenches with me, but not at me!

I don't know what an abberation is (big word for me), so I can't really help you there.

My first wife and I built her '78 Bronco together.
My second wife to be (Sept. 17, 2004) loves my trucks. While she doesn't really enjoy working on them, she will gladly crawl underneath and get greasy if I need a hand. She is awesome!

Old 08-25-2004, 01:31 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife is very beautiful, elegant, educated, and professional. She designs and makes jewlry, has met with Heads of State. She also does the routine maintence on her car, helps me with my truck, whants to build her own Bullitnose Stude, and will crawl under a car to find how how they got it to sit "Right".
And above all - she puts up with me.

Now what was your question?

Old 08-25-2004, 03:27 AM
scrape
Senior User
hey michelle, i've had both and in all honesty a tom boy wins every time (especially if she can cook) u can,t beat a pretty girl that hops right in there with u on the latest project.as for marriage, why would someone want to ruine a good thing?
cya..gary

Old 08-25-2004, 05:09 AM
55forder
Elder User
I think you are absolutely wonderful Ms. Michelle! Keep those wrenches a'slingin!

Im also getting married next month. On the 19th. My wife to be would rather go to the mall than work on my truck, but shes been out there many a day and night, helping me to bleed brakes, turn a key, remove sheet metal, and adjust my doors. Anytime I need a hand, and the dog cant help, I ask, and she gives me a sigh, then gladly helps.

P.S. And she rarely complains that the UPS guy knows me by name.

keep on truckin! 55forder

Old 08-25-2004, 06:09 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Michelle

Interesting question. Don't worry too much about what other people think. It will hold you back in life. I've been supervising lady soldier mechanics for years. Non-issue. A few of them were Tomboys. So what.

55Forder

I see from your post that you're on your 19th wife? I admire your perseverance. Hopefully this one works out.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:07 AM
55Bubba
Senior User
Michelle, You forgot to tell us if you could cook and if you owned your own bass boat. Now, if you fill out some jeans nicely, enjoy and work on old trucks, fish and occassionally drink beer, it won't matter if you chew tobacco or not, you're a keeper !!!!

I'm sure you will add much to our general knowledge base and to the personality of the board.

Guys , let's keep it clean

Bubba

PS Fenders the 19th reference went right over his head !

Old 08-25-2004, 07:11 AM
mt54
Posting Guru
Nothing would be greater than two things you love the most coming together.
Its a dream I've had, Lived it for a while, When my wife and I dated she would spend hour in the garage helping and just being there, now years later, with kids and all, she just cna't find the interest. (Kids older now) But I'm still working on her. You could say both my girls are a work in progress.. (my 54 and wife )
gotta love em
Mike

Old 08-25-2004, 07:46 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Michelle,

You're welcome in my garage any time. My ex-wife put up with it, but was never was that excited about getting down with the hobby. I do think women who are into this hobby are abberations...but that's a good thing. I don't suppose you are looking for work are ya...you see, I have this 48 F-3 that needs finishing and help would be nice...

Vern

Old 08-25-2004, 08:27 AM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Nice bigwindow, I'm jealous. You even put a ford engine in it! I think it would be great to know a woman who can build her own effie. You have any daughter's? (I'm real young) -4speed

Old 08-25-2004, 08:30 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
wrong group ???

Michelle...

I think you're polling the wrong group. Most of these guys are giddy when our wifes/girlfriends/s.o.s will tolerate a few hours a week wrenching...

Maybe a Dr. Phill type poll could give you a more unbiased opinion.

you know a "How's that working for you ???" group

Personally I think a woman with any technical skill is cool... whether it's wrenching, welding, programming computers or building birdhouses. I have a sister-in-law who is a much better carpenter/woodworker than I'll ever be.

Jimmy Buffett say it best.... "a smart woman, in a short skirt" that is seriously attractive to me...

You've built (uh ...twice now ???) a much nicer truck than I will probably will and I know how much of it you've done yourself... girlfriend ?? you're my idol...

domestic skills ?? they're fine... but work on my truck with me and I'll buy supper when we're through

later

john

Old 08-25-2004, 08:34 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
fenders ???

19th wife... that's good..
reminds me of an old Tim Wilson song abut 100 things a man needs to know...

"You been married 5 times ???? Man, maybe it's you ???

j

Old 08-25-2004, 09:04 AM
ms_michelle
Elder User
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by 55Bubba
Michelle, You forgot to tell us if you could cook and if you owned your own bass boat. Now, if you fill out some jeans nicely, enjoy and work on old trucks, fish and occassionally drink beer, it won't matter if you chew tobacco or not, you're a keeper
!!!!

Yeah, I am a pretty fair cook, its not my favorite thing to do, I had rather be tinkering with my truck. Fishing? Yes that too, I really love fly fishing in the mountain streams. Oh, lest we forget golf. Golf ranks right up there with trucks.

Quick Reply: Women and Trucks