General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Snowboarders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Samsonitesamsonite
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snowboarders, Anyone?

ANyone else here love the joy of snowboarding?

Old 08-24-2004, 07:51 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hell yeah! Bein' in AZ doesn't help my addiction for boardin' but sunrise is only a 4 hour drive away. Makes for a long day on those day runs up north but it's worth it! I just picked it up a couple of years ago and can't wait for winter to roll around every year. Now my winters are torn between going to the dunes in cali or goin' up north to go boarding. Either way, I get my fill! Our season is usually pretty short out here too which is rough but a couple of trips to colorado this year will help some.

Old 08-24-2004, 08:00 PM
aimee347
New User
I like it but Im not good at it! Its the only thing that makes winter fun in Michigan!

Old 08-24-2004, 09:12 PM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought a board this year, I have been really into skiing but I've decided to try this instead. It's a lot of fun, I'm still just learning though.

Old 08-24-2004, 09:28 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I LOVE snowboarding! I go whenever I can. Usually with my brother and my cousin. My wife doesn't ski anymore, but she said she'd try boarding sometime.

Our ski season up here usually starts mid November, good through early April. Whistler and Blackcomb a bit earlier and longer.

Old 08-24-2004, 10:01 PM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Snowboarder for life! Been boardin for 6 years now and usually try and go 2-3 times a year. I LOVE it, nothin better than skimmin through some tight packed trees and then all of a sudden commin up on a 10 foot drop off and having a split second to react, deffenitaly an addreneline RUSH!

Old 08-25-2004, 07:57 AM
spikedog
Posting Guru
What's the difference between a snowboarder and a vacuum cleaner? How the dirtbag is attached.

Ride on, snowboarders.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Harlow~J4F~
Junior User
Yeah snowboarding is awesome. I have gone the last 3 seasons. The only thing thats sucks is the price of a lift ticket. Other than that Utah has some great resorts if you can afford them.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
spikedog
Posting Guru
Utah - That's where I go to ski. One must look at the cost vs. the magnificent terrain. What's the point of paying $25 for 900 ft. of crusty vertical at the Mom & Pop area vs. $65 for 3000+ feet of powder at a Utah mega-hill.

Don't plan a boarding trip to Alta - still not letting them in.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:41 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
I love when we go on snowboarding trips sponsored by a guy in my fraternity. We get 5-6 slope-side lodges with hot tubs on a deck outside, and bring enough booze to last the marines a month. I hate snowboarding, all of the mountains feel the same to my ****. I don't talk bad about anyone who does it, in fact I love them for it. Many of the girls opt out on lift tickets and stick to boozin it up in the lodges and hot-tub...with THIS GUY.

Originally Posted by spikedog

Ride on, snowboarders.
Indeed spikedog...just don't wake me and the girls up when you get back.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:31 PM
spikedog
Posting Guru
Geez, JDMorg, sounds like you guys know how to throw a party! Just sober up before getting on the mountain.

I try not to talk bad about snowboarders, but after 30 years of skiing and patrolling, some habits die hard. Boarders have been great for the industry, which has been flat since the glory days of expansion in the '60's and '70's. Most complaints deal with rowdy young guys, but it's the typical behavior of that age group, not what's on their feet.

Still, I miss the gals in tight stretch 1-piece Bogner suits tucked into their ski boots. Nowdays the chicks are into unisex dirt-brown parkas that reach down to their knees and baggy pants. The price you pay when you spend that much time sitting on the snow.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:53 PM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Its not EVERY teenager on a board, I aint one of the bad snowboarders. I watch out for people and I try not to be careless....but you cant help but stay out of the trees
Everyonce in a while you still see girls in tight pants
Whats better though is when its like in the upper 30's and girls are there in low cut tops

Old 08-25-2004, 04:32 PM
ranger rules
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the difference between a snowboarder and a vacuum cleaner? How the dirtbag is attached.

good one

Old 08-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Samsonitesamsonite
Elder User
Hey now watch what your sayin buddy (spikedog) im a 17 year old boarder (alpine board, i use to freeride but i like speed and i used to be on ski patrol, now not to talk about about those older than me :P but they have always attached a stigma to us boarders... i have met just as many rude "punk" skiers as boarders..... i have been on the mountain for the past 6 yers.....

acerockola.... you got it lucky man.. goin to WSU and all. I now live in indiana, but i moved here a year ago from WEnatchee, WA. I used to board at Mission Ridge, and Stevens Pass

Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 AM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
Geez, JDMorg, sounds like you guys know how to throw a party! Just sober up before getting on the mountain.
No mountains for this guy, I just stay inside or sled. I've tried it a few times, but can't get into it. I was actually in Vermont 2 years ago when I was going down the mountain, mostly on my back or stomach. As I am getting up this one time, this 4 year old RIPS by me like he was born with a board on his feet. God bless 'em...I remember being a fearless little guy too.

I'm sure that booze and mountians don't mix, it hurts bad enough sober. Next time we go up, I'm bringing my sled or some black trashbags and just hurling myself down the mountain at night. It's beautiful up there, and I love going downhill fast, just not on boards.

You guys are a blast to watch on the mountains though

Quick Reply: Snowboarders, Anyone?