1976 Courier

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 01:14 PM
ungaii102
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1976 Courier

Hello all,

I have a 1976 Courier and need to find front end parts, i.e. bumber, grill, and left fender with a few others. Every junk yard I call has crushed them all. Engine and 4 speed trans in great shape body needs a little TLC and I'd like to get it back in show shape. I kinda met up with a lil-o-lady that stopped at a green light and I wasn't paying attention. Woops. I live in Central Florida, the eye of Hurricane Charlie missed us by 20 miles, not much damage to the house, or cars and no damage to the kids and grandkids. Thank God. Thanks for the help in advance.

Carl

Old 08-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Some of those cosmetic parts will be hard to find. Those trucks were not built by Ford and there are no common parts. I forget which company they were built by but you may find more onfo on some parts at the websites that serve that import brand. Around where I live they have all dissolved into piles of rust.

Looks like you lucked out with the hurricane.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:37 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mazda built those things, unfortunately, good luck finding pieces.

Old 08-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Phinxter
Posting Guru
I don't know about the grille but I'm thinking the fender and bumper from a Mazda truck would be the same. You could even put a Mazda grille on it, rip off the Mazda logo and put a blue oval in it's place, then maybe one day find the right grille.

Old 08-20-2004, 08:55 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Back in the day, that's about all there was for differences.

Old 08-21-2004, 08:07 AM
ungaii102
New User
Thanks for the help

Thanks all,

I will start looking for all the parts in the Mazda area. I believe I've seen the small B2000 before if it bolts up we can improvise adapt and overcome. Thanks again.

Carl

Old 09-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Phinxter
Posting Guru
Hey man check this site I just found yer parts

http://www.autopartsland.com/product...12&browse=true

Chris

Old 09-28-2004, 10:19 AM
dfisher1
Posting Guru
All,
This is a Japanese truck and should be moved from this website immediately!
I am personally offended that this post would appear here.
I cannot apologize enough for Corporate Ford Execs who made some really bad decisions in the 70's & 80's by tainting the great name ford with substandard vehicles.
Since I've bothered to reply, I would like to suggest that the vehicle in question, be destroyed and its existence in this world be forgotten forever.
Thank you and have a nice day,
KingFisher

Old 09-28-2004, 10:45 AM
hdgapeach
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Believe it or not, this is a Japanese truck that is produced by a company that is partially owned by an American company. Depending on which way the stocks are flowing on any given day, Ford Motor Company has in the past owned at least 64% of Mazda. Ford and Mazda have put their corporate heads together on several vehicles: Mazda B series pickup/Ford Courier, Ford Explorer Sport/Mazda Navaho, Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6. Remember the trusty ole Pinto? Some had the cast engine and some had the aluminum. Guess where the aluminum engine came from: Mazda!

Old 09-28-2004, 10:52 AM
dhermesc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dfisher1
All,
I cannot apologize enough for Corporate Ford Execs who made some really bad decisions in the 70's & 80's by tainting the great name ford with substandard vehicles.
Since I've bothered to reply, I would like to suggest that the vehicle in question, be destroyed and its existence in this world be forgotten forever.
Thank you and have a nice day,
KingFisher

Those same bad decisions are being made to this day, only now you have vehicles from Mexico and components from China.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Phinxter
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dfisher1
All,
I guess they all made mistakes then huh.

Chevy LUV = Isuzu pickup
Dodge D-50/Plymouth Arrow= Mitsu Mity Max

Great name.... I'm not so sure about that but then that might be the only thing about a Ford is the name other wise this site wouldn't have so many peeps checkin in.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:26 PM
71 Sport Custom
Senior User
My brothers High School ride was an 82 courier. It had the Mazda sheetmetal (we had to replace it) and the Ultra Reliable FORD 2.3L with a FORD auto. It had to tough to survive as a first vehicle. The Mazda trucks are now Ford Rangers which should please the Open Minded kingfisher!!!

Old 09-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Purely Ford
Elder User
Hey Dfisher1,
Don't get so excited. I really can't believe you are serious about being offended personally by a FORD courier truck question being posted here or anywhere on this website. Don't read about it or respond to it if you don't like those little trucks.

Read the charter for FTE. Part of it reads "We cater to all Ford truck fans." I am very sure this includes any and all Ford trucks that the Ford Motor Company put their name on.

Last edited by Purely Ford; 09-28-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:22 AM
maticuno
Posting Guru
I kinda like all those compact trucks in that erra. I had a 77 Toyota Pickup and drove that sucker into the ground before buying my Ranger. I'd still love to have it back and fully restore it. They were great little trucks. Same thing with the Chevy LUV's and Ford Couriers. They were fairly reliable, and IMO had some great styling for their time.
It's too bad you live so far away. My local junkyard is dominated by these kind of trucks. Since it's the desert rust is a non-issue. Most of the time the damage on them is from the young punk kids who ended up with them and drove them into the ground like I did.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:00 PM
ungaii102
New User
First I’d like to thank Phinxter for the web site, and all the others who posted useful stuff, it was very helpful. Second I’d like to apologize to the easily offended dfisher1 next time close your eyes or change the channel. Ford, is the key word here and I do like this little truck, it’s a very good worker and has won a few local shows in that class.

Carl

Quick Reply: 1976 Courier