2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lariat Leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:26 AM
tscryba
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lariat Leather

Is the Leather in a Supercab Lariat really that hard to take care of, it would be nice to get a lrait without leather, so u could get all the features of the larait without the leather... damned ford :-\

Last edited by tscryba; 08-20-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:12 PM
timhood
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Easy

Originally Posted by tscryba
Is the Leather in a Supercab Lariat really that hard to take care of, it would be nice to get a lrait without leather, so u could get all the features of the larait without the leather... damned ford :-\
I'm assuming the leather in the Lariat is the same as the FX4. However, I've had leather in all but one of my vehicles since my first in the early '80's. Leather is probably easier to care for than cloth or velour. The textiles will absorb the dirt, whereas it will stay on the surface with leather. Clean your leather maybe twice a year and it will look like new for the life of your truck. That's basically wiping it down with a cleaner to remove surface dirt and applying a conditioner to keep it supple. With cloth, you'll replace that effort with a trip to the detailers to have the seats shampooed.

I don't know if you have kids, but one spill of your child's beverage will make the difference between a stain and your sanity.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:20 PM
TRITON-ic
Senior User
I agree. Leather is by far more durable and easiest to maintain.

PS it's "Lariat"

Old 08-20-2004, 12:55 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Ditto, my wife opted for the cloth seating in her 04 Expy and one day she was making a powdered milk bottle for the baby and did not secure the cap tightly.....Oops milk al over the seat. then she thought she had got it all wiped up just to find that the next day the milk stain reappeared BRIGHTER then before. I used some of the commercial stuff to get it out but there is still an outline of the milk as a Grim Reminder!!!