Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Bumper Stickers On Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Bumper Stickers On Order

OK guys, I went for it this morning. After checking out the company that I got a quote over the phone for the stickers, they needed to add some graphics clean up and color changes to the originals....and they turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

The costs ran above what my original quote was, because my friend didn't do as good a job as it first appeared, after openiong it on the Graphics company's computer. So, costs are a tad higher than I first figured. I only had 20 stickers printed up for right now, plus I had one tee shirt made ( which I may have to have framed...it was spendy for one, but not as bad as screen printing would have been.) In all, I spent $45.14 for the initial set up and making of the very first tee shirt ( pocket type ) with the logo on the back. ( It can be put on the front of pocketless shirts for about $2.00 less.) The stickers cost me $58.80 for 20, which comes out to $2.94 cost for each. So...figuring in postage, envelopes....and I'll donate the mileage traveled to accomplish the final preparations and design.... I am looking at a price of $3.50 per bumper sticker. Additional stickers could add a tad more postage, but I don't expect a lot.

Now..as we gain members who are interested in buying stickers, I can go for a larger number to be printed, which will bring final costs down a bit. These are vinyl stickers and their quality is such that the colors should last for years! That goes for the shirts also.... the design is printed on the same vinyl and heat pressed onto the shirts. By the time the shirt wears out, the logo should look almost as good as new. This is much better than screen printing, costwise and for longevity.

The shirt costs will go down if I order the minimum of 24 shirts ($474.36 cost). I haven't figured up actual shipping and handling costs for the shirts, but I am ESTIMATING that the shirts will cost in the neighborhood of $19.77 cost with shipping, envelopes, etc bringing the cost of the shirt up to near $22 - $24 each. Maybe a tad less. Various sizes and colors may be ordered. I know that's a lot of money, but these guys do excellent work...I was impressed at how fast they cleaned up the final drafts I got from Mike and made them printable. I do have printed quotes for both the sticker and the shirts available if anyone wants me to scan and email it to you.....just to keep me honest.

Now.... in order to keep me really honest, I am going to ask mtflat if he would volunteer to be our first treasurer.....with your approval. And if he accepts. ( He's a local minister...can't ask for a more honest man to start things rolling.) This will keep the initial set of books here in Kalispell. mtflat can manage the money, return my initial investment to me and then all the profits can go into a bank account we will start, named High Plains Drifters. This is going to be a non-profit chapter, so any profits made will go back into the chapter to invest in other items of interest as they develop.

Other items that we can have printed are window stickers, mugs, cups, hats, etc. If we decide to have the FTE logo put on the front of the shirt and the drifters logo on the back, that will be another investment...so we will cross that bridge farther along. I'm really waiting to hear more from the FTE admin as to what their intentions are as to making chapter shirts. I had the company save the finalized designs to their computer, but if FTE wants the finalized grphics to use to make their own printouts it will cost me a minor fee to have them give me a copy on CD, which I can furnish them. Another bridge to get to first.

The stickers and my shirt should be ready by next Tuesday...the 17th, I think. At that time I will photograph them both and send attachments to either Dennis, matt or another admin to post a sticky and a notice of how to order them.....and we are on our first ROLLLLLL! EEEEEEHAWWWWWW!

Please keep an eye on this forum so you can order your stickers as soon as possible. And let's talk about the tee shirts and if you want to spend that much for one.

Dick

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 08-11-2004 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:21 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Sounds good. One question: are the bumper stickers the stick-on like regular stickers or are they that window magnet type sticker? Sorry if it sounds stupid, but I need to plan where to put mine. Expect me to take one sticker either way.

---------------
Justin

Old 08-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

stick on .. as in typical bumper stickers. These ought to outlast your truck...lol. Its a 9mil vinyl and is gonna look fineeeeeee. hmmmmm.... but speaking of magnetic material.... I gotta get hold of Mikey and see if he still has magnetic stuff.... I hate to permanently attach bumper stickers to anything. lol

Old 08-12-2004, 03:43 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the price on those is a lot better than I was thinking, may have misunderstood, and got worried!!! I'd be interested in both shirt and sticker, but as you said, need to see what admin has to say, they well could cut cost and still make a little from it. I figured $5 for stickers anyway. That's actually below average cost for custom stickers. Window clings would be nice too, can't imagine them being any higher than the bumper stickers, but mine will be on the window anyway, even though I have an ag hitch, I don't want it on my bumper, I'm just that way.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Go to my gallery and check out the pictures of the tee shirt and bumper stickers. The shirts can come in various colors. This logo is printed on the BACK of the shirt. The front of the shirt is plain, with a pocket. To add more images it would cost a bunch more, so for the time being, this is what I am going to offer for sale, but I will need a confirmed order for 24 more shirts to get the price noted above and I can't order until I have the orders..so it doesn't all come out of my pocket, like the initial investment in both have so far. At $3.50 per bumper sticker, I'll make a total of $70 dollars. Figuring in the cost plus shipping, travelling to printers, final design clean up at printers, etc, there will be actually no profit on this batch. The next time I order a batch of bumper stickers, I have some improvements planned, but I don't anticipate any change in costs...if not a wee decrease in price, hopefully.

As the chapter picks up in interested members, I also would like to establish a website for the club, with other items that can be purchased with the logo, in lots. This will be farther down the road though. Initial set up costs could ruin me if I were to attempt it on my own... which I just can't do. FTE will give us the website to promote the High Plains Drifters and it's products. Other chapters have already taken advantage of this option and have several items for sale to make money for their chapter. This is one of my eventual goals for us. With time and a little effort we can make it happen.