Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Real world pull results

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 12:06 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by webmaster

The Ford trucks I've driven (proving grounds and elsewhere) at Ford's invites drove with the same power as the one's off the showroom floor. Ford didn't boost them up.
That was the '05 ? Were they on the showroom floor yet? Did you get a cahnce to test out the new brake-controller?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:10 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
I stand corrected, amazed, and more knowledgeable.
DMAX your off the hook.....

That crow sure does taste like chicken
That might be a great 'POLL' idea on the 6.0 forum.

Also I had a misprint I meant to say 'boasting' (a.k.a - chest pounding) they had the best truck - any manuufacturer would. I meant in no way Ford moddified the stock motor.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:36 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by DMAX-HD
That might be a great 'POLL' idea on the 6.0 forum.

Also I had a misprint I meant to say 'boasting' (a.k.a - chest pounding) they had the best truck - any manuufacturer would. I meant in no way Ford moddified the stock motor.

And you know I only let you off the hook... on one item

Old 08-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Marine Ironman
Senior User
Duramax:

I know very few people w/ Chevy trucks. But if/when I ever meet one at the club, I plan to toast to them w/ a round of Saki. I wonder if sushi sells well in Dayton?

In all seriousness, the real Ironman (may he rest in peace) had the snot beat out of him in a Jap POW camp for 5 years. US Marines retain the right and priveledge to kindly ask all the Americans for whose freedom we daily shed our blood, to at least CONSIDER buying American if it's a close call. ESPECIALLY if the American product happens to be better anyway.

Go trade in the saki-truck and get a real one.

Semper Fidelis,
The Ironman

Old 08-19-2004, 09:00 PM
bigsnag
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out this link for a little pot-stirring action.

http://www.bullydog.com/dog_days_res...esults_2004.pl

I guarantee #14 Chris Sutton didn't come to this pulloff or everyone else would have gotten SPANKED!!!!!

Old 08-20-2004, 06:59 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
a little pot-stirring action.

That is what we really need

Old 08-20-2004, 07:07 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Frankly, its all macho chest thumping to claim either page is "real-world." What they are, in fact, are advertisements. Real world tests are stock to stock. Aftermarket power is a matter of how much money you're willing to throw at it.

Old 08-20-2004, 11:58 AM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by webmaster
Frankly, its all macho chest thumping to claim either page is "real-world." What they are, in fact, are advertisements. Real world tests are stock to stock. Aftermarket power is a matter of how much money you're willing to throw at it.
That was put very well.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Marine Ironman
Duramax:

I know very few people w/ Chevy trucks. But if/when I ever meet one at the club, I plan to toast to them w/ a round of Saki. I wonder if sushi sells well in Dayton?

In all seriousness, the real Ironman (may he rest in peace) had the snot beat out of him in a Jap POW camp for 5 years. US Marines retain the right and priveledge to kindly ask all the Americans for whose freedom we daily shed our blood, to at least CONSIDER buying American if it's a close call. ESPECIALLY if the American product happens to be better anyway.

Go trade in the saki-truck and get a real one.

Semper Fidelis,
The Ironman
Ironman,
When you and Al Gore invented the internet did you ever consider most of the hardware your using right now was prolly made by the Japs and it seems to work fine.

Just kidding - but that did make me laugh a lil. I totally respect what your saying. Like I mentioned before my grandfather was in a WWII and feels the same way as you. All electronics in his house are made by RCA. Try not to be as narrow minded as you are patriotic (I said that respectfully).

Old 08-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Doh
Freshman User
Something that I didn't realize until lately is that both the Dodge and GM diesel engine
torque output are electronic reduced in 1st and 2nd gear when equipped with an automatic transmission. The Torque Shift does not have to be reduced, meaning that regardless of published max torque #'s , if they are not useable when needed they are not true rating for the truck.

This is why I do believe that when ever there is a 1/4 mile towing comparison (stock) I do tend to believe the ones that place the F series 1st. Just seat of the pants also proves this.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:25 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Doh
Something that I didn't realize until lately is that both the Dodge and GM diesel engine
torque output are electronic reduced in 1st and 2nd gear when equipped with an automatic transmission. The Torque Shift does not have to be reduced, meaning that regardless of published max torque #'s , if they are not useable when needed they are not true rating for the truck.

This is why I do believe that when ever there is a 1/4 mile towing comparison (stock) I do tend to believe the ones that place the F series 1st. Just seat of the pants also proves this.
To be more accurate with the Chevy. The latest power upgrade was only added to gears 2-4. 1 and 5 stayed the same. The end result is what is important.

Old 08-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Marine Ironman
Senior User
SakiMax,

Hope you don't mind my pet name, Duraman. You know us Marines. It's a sign of respect. I think the chain goes turd-maggot-lady-boy-man-marine if I remember correctly. Anyway, interesting you mention the internet. A govt agency called DARPA can actually be credited for inventing that, along w/ some good concepts from Palo Alto Research Center and other places. The Japanese invent next-to-nothing. They capitalize on everything. But most internet and wireless technologies these days have American ingenuity. We have practically invented it all, and make much of it. From companies like CISCO, to technologies like Reed-Solomon encoding or OFDM modulation ... we Americans rule this planet.

And Gore would be a Dodge-man, I'm sure.

Ironman

Old 08-20-2004, 02:40 PM
dhag911
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have to say that most if not all the people on here are enthusiasts and are always looking for more power the people on here only account for a small portion of the people that own diesels. I would totally agree with Tim that the majority of the people have stock pickups. If you want a "real world" test you have to have bone stock pickups no turners (not even set on stock or 0) no aftermarket air filters/ exhaust, etc..

Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 PM
DieselDonor7.3
Senior User
There was one truck on that page nobody bothered to mention. and this would mean that not every single one of them was highly modified.

Lynn Schmidt ran his completely stock 2004.5 Chevy LLY Duramax/Allison with just 3,700 miles showing on the odometer. The crew cab longbox reached 53-mph in 1-minute and 17-seconds. The LLY's maximum exhaust temperature eventually topped out at 1400°. Lynn's truck achieved the highest speed among all those running at stock power levels.

Even in a competition of heavily modified diesels... it is impressive none the less. It also out-performed the trick dual-exhaust and an AFE air intake kit 2004.5 Cummins.

Old 08-22-2004, 08:58 AM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigsnag
Check out this link for a little pot-stirring action.

http://www.bullydog.com/dog_days_res...esults_2004.pl

I guarantee #14 Chris Sutton didn't come to this pulloff or everyone else would have gotten SPANKED!!!!!

Look a little further down--he was there alright--he got 5th place in the pull off.

Quick Reply: Real world pull results