Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

District coordinators

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 09:56 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
District coordinators

I checked out something the guys in Kansas are doing, and it may well be something We can do here. They broke up the state into districts, and then had a leader of sorts for that district. This makes it easier for the locals to get to know each other, and be more involved on a personal level, without the expense of long travel. They still have state meets too, but they have way more local gatherings. Somewhere there is a meet every weekend, and not everyone is expected to show, of course the state meets not everyone is expected to show, just encouraged to. So what do you guys think, should we implement something like that? Another thing to consider, they only got their chapter this spring, and are about the fastest growing chapter in the list. Also. for those interested, I have a flyer designed and approved to distribute to the local parts shops , repair shops, car clubs, and dealers. If you would like to help get the word out, let me know and I'll try to email it, or have to snail mail it if I can't get it to go through. (Already been there with getting it approved, for whatever reason, noone else could see it properly)

Old 08-28-2004, 11:08 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds like a great idea

If you want to email me the flyer thing I can print one out and make copies to post around here

my name at hotmail

Old 08-28-2004, 11:57 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
might not be a bad idea, and yea email me a copy of that flyer, I can take it upto the races with me too, just use the email function on my screen name, or I can do that for yours, and send my email too you that way.
How woiuld we break the state down to districts or should I say how big of them, we could divide by state patrol or congressional districts or use the interstates to divide in other words how many districts do we want to get into or maybe base it on how many people are in a particular area ie souteast has alot of people in it so maybe should be a smaller area were as NW is limited so maybe everything west of a line from creston to estherville until more people get involved in that area (please no hate mail over that just looking at reality don't want a local district with one person ending up in it, nor do you want one district with 95% of the state members in it.)

Old 08-28-2004, 12:25 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
I was figuring on basing it according to where the members are, and do it that way. My major intention is just getting people invoved. I don't care where the lines are. Right now, unfortunately, the NW and N central are pretty empty. I believe our main concentration is the CF/Waterllo/CR/Ia City area, Des Moines area, SW and SE. My thoughts were at this time 3 districts, unfortunately initially leaving out the nw, they could get to Des Moines in decent time. SW can be with Des Moines as well, until there are enough to have their own organanization. However, the main thing is just to get things going. I don't care if there is any dead set boundaries, just have a rep from each general area to kind of coordinate their general turf, so that the local groups can get to know each other, and grow from there. Nothing says that guys from the sw can't be in the central, and the central be with us in the se, and then NE, judst not a big deal. The main idea is simply to get someone wo can get with the others around them, and get regular offline fun meetings, no business, for coordinators, just organize local get togethers. The State offices will remain the same, all coordinators would be responsible for is setting up locations, times and such for their general turf. Races, back yard barbeques, swap meets, it doesn't matter, just get to know your groups and make new friends, show off your trucks and other vehicles, wrench together, it is all fair game. that's the purpose of breaking it into districts of a sort. No hard set boundaries, just general ideas so that everyone can just get involved. Nothing says that it has to be done only by the coordinators either, they just would be the ones with the responsibility to coordinate the local meets. If someone local has an idea for something, they can get with their local coordinator to see about getting it set up. I really don't want to set hard lines, just areas.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:30 PM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
i think it might as well be 4 districts fellro, we got I-35 across the middle and we got I-80 across the other way, so we got a natural boundry lines already on the map. NW--NE--SE--SW. our major meets can be at the crossing of the two, which is about adventureland in altoona outside of des moines , what ya think ?

Old 08-28-2004, 01:51 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
It could work to go that simp[le, and then the coordiantors can get together on areas like Des Moines, as that will have all four districts together, and has a good number of people around the area. Same goes for the cf/waterloo Ia city corridor, can be coordinated together, or the guys from Ia City just hang more with the ne group, but it still in the end will come down to local activity, that's part of why no hard set lines, but nothing is stopping anyone from crossing, and there won't be any secondary leadership, only coordinators. No individual forums or any of that, it will still be right here for everyone to see.

Old 08-28-2004, 05:33 PM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Fellro, got the flyer and printed one out

My wife is goin to take it to work mon and make some copies for me and I will post them around here.

As for boundries go I-80 and I-35 sound good and as we grow as a chapter we can subdivide from there with hwy 20 ect..

Old 08-28-2004, 06:32 PM
hippie_1620
Junior User
Shoot me a copy of the flyer I'll put some copies around here and there or whereever else I may end up.

Shane