1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Master Illustratio Text vols helpful??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 10:22 AM
gwcrutch
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Master Illustratio Text vols helpful??

I have the Shop Manual for '59 and the Illustration Catalog. I see there is a 2 vol text version of the Illustration Catalog......is that a must have?...helpful?
thanks!
crutch

Old 08-16-2004, 10:34 AM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but don't pay the high prices for "new ones" ebay or swap meets usually have a set for sale around $40. It has a part # for every single part imaginable. I use mine all the time. -4speed

Old 08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
The text version is a listing of part numbers and bolt sizes. They tend to just give the Ford Standard Part Number for fasteners. In the days our trucks were manufactured, standard parts were numbered sequentially as they were needed, so they don't really relate to diameter, length etc. Dealers were not required to stock standard parts (assembly fasteners), only certain items with real part numbers. Like E9TH-8005-KA. Never the less, I use my text version of the illustrations from time to time and it was worth what I paid for a xerox copy on e-bay.