1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My truck is going through suspension rebuild...again..WITH PICS!!

Old 08-15-2004, 03:49 PM
jetjock16
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck is going through suspension rebuild...again..WITH PICS!!

well for all my friends on here you know i havent been around much lately, been busy commuting for temporary duty the military's got me doing.. .anyway though my truck is tore down in the garage....again.. heres the story.......im just posting it cause allot of you on here, mosty regulars i consider my friends, and im just keepin you updated.. for everyone else this post just probably dont make too much sense....Well.. for the last two years the ONLY thing i have used my truck for is to drive to the lake to fish,hunt, or drive to the resteraunt in town with the wife, unloaded bed cargo, no trailer.... i have maybe 3k miles on my truck unloaded.. now the other 47k miles ive managed to put on my truck in 3 years have been from driving from TX to WA four times, and from South TX to Sand dunes in North TX, AZ, CA and OR....Pulling a trailer weighn about 7k and two quads in the back of my truck...anyway i have been satisified with my trucks ride for the most part.... i have replaced my springs once or twice but WAS happy with my current setup...Anyway two months ago i got assigned to do temporary duty(miltary) in a town 140 miles from my house.. so i stay up there during the week... this has just recently caused me to drive unloaded..allot.. this coupled with my good friend buying a new 03 SD, and it rides way smooth.. has got my frustrated with my current suspension..(too stiff mainly in rear)..sooo anyway its all tore down.. and heres what its getting...... IN the FRONT:.. the dual hoops came off..for good..went back to stock shock mount.. on order is one Bilstein 7100 per side with the custom Superduty specific vavling..almost no compression dampin..all rebound..springs up there are very nice, been nothing but pleased with the superlifts... IN the REAR...allot..First off talking to ATLAS.. under there recomendations.. the spring pack is apart.. upon recievin new centerpins will go back together minus one spring out of the middle.... next, the trac bars are going to shackle mounts up top.. i already found that a stock chevy rear shackle fits the bars perfectly..its already done.. AND the four bilstiens that were supporting the rear end, i have made a custom bracket that has them going from the frame to the lower portion of the trac bars, two each side.. so now the axle can articulate more....Main reason though.. when the trailer goes on it wont be all under pressure.. but the shocks will aid in not allowing axle wrap cause itll have to push those HD lots of compression, bilstiens forward to wrap... this is allready done..no pics yet.. and looks incrediable..... Also on order is Velvet ride shackles... i got a set of F350 blocks in the garage.. between the new rear leafs and the velvet ride shackles if the rear comes down close to two inches or more, than ill throw those blocks in..to get it back up......WEll ill keep yall posted but ive spent all weekend working.. now im just waiting for parts im expecting a truck that rides WAY better unloaded.. it will sag more under trailer but im going to try it.... the shocks to frame connection on the driver side was an all day pain cause the gas tank and fuel lines are right up agains the frame..what a pain..well cant wait for the rest of the parts..heres a little preview of whats to come... enjoy and let me know what you think....
Jetjock16

Old 08-15-2004, 03:55 PM
jetjock16
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh yeah and if you notice my tires are a bit low..well thats the only way it fits in the garage!...

Old 08-15-2004, 04:59 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
You answered my question.. Nice stuff. At least someones got some money!!

Old 08-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Good deal JJ, I consider you our test dummy ....keep letting us know how things turn out......