General Automotive Discussion

Titan/Dodge Forums.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 11:31 PM
khendrix
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Titan/Dodge Forums.

I have been looking at other truck forums alot lately just out of curiosity.
I have noticed that the Ford owners and Chevy owners are alot more laid back. The Dodge owners and Titan owners are hostile. They get very bent out of shape if you someone downs their trucks. They also debate ALOT on how their trucks are the best out there and that all other trucks are terrible. They must be angry about the 91 octane they're recommended to use. j/k

Titan owners seem to be the worst. I wonder why that is. I guess the styling of the new Titan is "newer" and more "cutting edge" and this attracts a different buyer. A buyer that is more aggressive by nature. I dont know. I have never spoke to anyone who owns a Titan.

I read a few threads where Titan owners are saying that ALL 2004 F150s are problem ridden and that the titan is superb, bla bla bla. Only the people that have problems talk about them. They're trying to resolve their problem and find out if they're the only one with the problem or not. If everyone who was problem-free with the 2004 F150 posted a thread saying "Problem Free", this site would be over loaded.

Im skeptical about the longevity of the Titan my self. This is the First year they have made the Titan. F150 has been around a while and is a very well made truck.

Old 08-15-2004, 11:36 PM
pops_91710
Laughing Gas
Not sure how Titan owners fit into any character catagory. My question is who cares?

I don't see the Titan falling apart sooner than anything else. Nissan is no slouch when it comes to building durable engines. I just think the truck is ugly....

Ain't nothin' purdier than a Ford Superduty!! I'll take mine with a V-10!!

Old 08-16-2004, 02:19 AM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they use 91? that must suck bad. nissan builds good products, too bad they dont look as good as they work.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:09 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
For starters you're dealing with people who are so brilliant that they buy Dodges and Nissan's instead of Fords or at least Chevy's. Maybe we don't want these types buying our good Fords. LOL

Second, comparing a Nissan Titan to an F-150. Compare a Collie or Great Dane to a chihahua (or however you spell it). Small dog and bad attitude, big dog and laid back.

Thirdly, go back to the brilliance thing and remember you're dealing with Dodge and Nissan owners. 'Nough said.

LOL

Old 08-16-2004, 04:54 AM
apo143
New User
I sure don't see this as an important topic, and I'm getting really tired of the F150 whiners too. All you people that are lucky enough to own one should be proud that you bought such a well engineered truck, what you moan and groan about has made me alot of money over the years! I am starting to see these forums for what they are, a place for people to misinform the novice, and/or put a great truck down because THEY are owners of competing trucks trying to make a flimsy case for thier bad choice. FORD is #1 in trucks for a reason...I for one am proud to be an owner of this remarkable vehicle. Thanks Henry

Old 08-16-2004, 05:13 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I agree, teh F-150 is awesome, my dad makes a living selling them and too many people complain about little things. I'm on here to find out what others are getting performance wise, and finding out how they are doing some mods to theirs, and I visit here out of extreme boredom. I was hoping to see truck pics but I haven't seen very many yet. So far I am very happy with my new purchaase as it is the only new vehicle I have ever had and I had to save a long time to own it. I was so proud of accomlishments I have made the day I bought it.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:27 AM
jhromy
Senior User
the titan doesn't take 91

Old 08-16-2004, 07:18 AM
BlkButy
Elder User
Everyone wants to BASH the new F150 cause it is the BEST in class. Sure I have had problems with mine - they got fixed and I moved on. These people who BASH the F150 just cannot afford one so they whine about it!

Old 08-16-2004, 07:57 AM
fatman66
Senior User
Originally Posted by apo143
I am starting to see these forums for what they are, a place for people to misinform the novice, and/or put a great truck down because THEY are owners of competing trucks trying to make a flimsy case for thier bad choice. FORD is #1 in trucks for a reason...I for one am proud to be an owner of this remarkable vehicle. Thanks Henry
These firum are more than that, I've learned a lot here and we're in grewat company. Honest complaints about lemons are one thing but I hate trolls who have a non-Ford agenda. The best is the ones who want to ake you "see the light" since we must have been dumb enough not to buy the Titan, Ram or whatever, quite frankly its insulting and annoying. I'm proud to won my truck too and i have no brand loyalty so I bought the best one with no reservations.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:24 AM
khendrix
Senior User
Both the Titan and the HEMI are RECOMMENDED to use 91 octane. Its not a must. I sure most of the owners use regular 87 octane.

Old 08-16-2004, 11:04 AM
CruelCrew
Senior User
F-150 Ford owners are the most loyal on the planet. Thus, they'll accept their Ford and be happy with it, sometimes no matter the problems.

Take off the rose-colored glasses and you get Titan, Yota, and Hemi owners, who aren't afraid to speak their mind.

There's nothing so great about this F-150, or at least nothing that we shouldn't expect in this day and age. The way my F-150 has treated me....I'd take a Titan, Toyota, or Dodge any day. If you bad mouth those trucks you're plain ignorant. Flame away.

Old 08-16-2004, 11:11 AM
grey77
Senior User
Just do an internet search for (whatever mfr.) and forums - it should return all the info ou want.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:18 PM
txfx4x4
Senior User
Originally Posted by CruelCrew
F-150 Ford owners are the most loyal on the planet. Thus, they'll accept their Ford and be happy with it, sometimes no matter the problems.

Take off the rose-colored glasses and you get Titan, Yota, and Hemi owners, who aren't afraid to speak their mind.
Well, I probably wouldn't have said it quite that way but there is some truth here. I don't necessarily think that F-150 owners are any more brand loyal than Chevy owners. Dodge people also tend to stay with Chrysler/Dodge products. I don't know any Titan owners but most people who prefer imports are also partial to whatever they happen to have in the garage. The part of Mr. Crew's statement that I tend to agree with is that most new trucks are miles ahead of where they were just 10 years ago. Most, if not all, of these improvements are a direct result of increased competition in the marketplace (other than Federally mandated safety and emission regulations). When I was contemplating the purchase of my '04 SCrew, I drove all of the latest models for each manufacturer and found them all to be good trucks. I simply preferred more things about the Ford. While I am a long-term Ford owner, I could just as easily have bought a Nissan, Chevy, Toyota, or Dodge.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:31 PM
ftsrb01
Junior User
Originally Posted by CruelCrew
I'd take a Titan, Toyota, or Dodge any day. If you bad mouth those trucks you're plain ignorant.
So when people bad mouth the Titan and say it is an ugly truck, it makes them ignorant? I always thought that was just someone expressing their opinion.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Well, I wasn't really talking about looks, but rather the quality and performance of the truck.

Regardless, opinions can be based on ignorance. For example the Titan may not fit your appeal, but it is far from an "ugly" truck. IMO, it stands out in a crowd with authority, unlike the all-too-common F-150 which has a front end that looks just like the Expedition.

Quick Reply: Titan/Dodge Forums.