2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airaid Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:29 PM
YOMAN
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is that "JR" or instake cold kit ??

I know intake cold kit is approx $250-270..

Just want to be sure we know which kit are we talking about??

YOMAN!

Old 09-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Black2004FX4
Senior User
it seems like we are all willing to buy, including me, but who exactly are we talking to? what do we need to do to get this price (if its possible ofcoarse). thanks for any info!

Old 09-17-2004, 11:21 AM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
YO, that is for the JR with Cleaning Kit. Also, Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I went back to that site and now the price is down to $138??? I got jipped! I'm calling them to see why I wasn't told that the price was dropping Not even a month old and the price changes by $40....WTF! somebody will pay for that mistake and it won't be me. I still got 20% off my next purchase with them, now I guess I will also ask for a rebate too!

Old 09-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Truckasaurus
Senior User
Originally Posted by HawaiianStyle
YO, that is for the JR with Cleaning Kit. Also, Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I went back to that site and now the price is down to $138??? I got jipped! I'm calling them to see why I wasn't told that the price was dropping Not even a month old and the price changes by $40....WTF! somebody will pay for that mistake and it won't be me. I still got 20% off my next purchase with them, now I guess I will also ask for a rebate too!
Hawaiian, what is the "JR with Cleaning Kit" exactly? Is that different kit than the airaid? I am starting to get confused. If this is a cold air kit than I am still interested if its not airaid.

Thanks!

T

Old 09-17-2004, 02:00 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Trucka- Yes, it is the Airaid system ..... JR for "Junior" kit . just the tube w/ hardware and direct replacement filter. designed to give you the sound and performance at a affordable price.

Old 09-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Truckasaurus
Senior User
Trucka- Yes, it is the Airaid system ..... JR for "Junior" kit . just the tube w/ hardware and direct replacement filter. designed to give you the sound and performance at a affordable price.
Ok..cool. For $138 I am in for that. That would be the MIT tube with the filter to replace the OEM filter in the same box. Yep..I am going that route over the full kit. Just wondering where to sign up. Thanks dude!!

T

Old 09-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Black2004FX4
Senior User
airaid jr

who has installed the Airaid JR kit? what results have u gotten? i ordered one the other day for 129$ from airaidsales.com
also, who has installed the Poweraid throttle body spacer from airaid? it looks and sounds very beneficial but I would like to hear others opinions. thanks.

btw: ill let u know how i like the JR kit once i install it...

Old 09-20-2004, 08:12 AM
YOMAN
Elder User
A friend of mine suggested to me to get Airaid JR then do some alumuin sheet custom like this shape (tube===[O<-air filter cone) similar to COLD INTAKE kit then get some tape heat sheild outside side of alumnuim (right before air filter cone)..then it ll good enuff as "cold intake" hehe..

Sounds good idea... what do you think ??

YOMAN!

Last edited by YOMAN; 09-20-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:57 AM
04fx4scab
Senior User
correct me if i am wrong, but isn't the point of an intake to allow the engine to breathe better? how is adding a different tube to the stock (restrictive) airbox with a different filter the same as adding the full system.

if it is the same why do they make the full system and and the jr. system?something doesn't make sense with that.

it's kinda like expecting a 20 h.p. increase from adding a replacement k&n filter. aint gonna happen.

Old 09-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Truckasaurus
Senior User
Originally Posted by 04fx4scab
correct me if i am wrong, but isn't the point of an intake to allow the engine to breathe better? how is adding a different tube to the stock (restrictive) airbox with a different filter the same as adding the full system.

if it is the same why do they make the full system and and the jr. system?something doesn't make sense with that.

it's kinda like expecting a 20 h.p. increase from adding a replacement k&n filter. aint gonna happen.
I do agree there would be some restriction of the stock air box over the cold air kit however there is also going to be improvements from just the filter alone and the restrictive tube that is engineered for quieting things down. I believe they both offer improvements, but you also suck in hotter air with the "cold air kit" given then its not routed through the fender well or ala ram air style out the grille. I have yet to order the JR kit but will wait for Black2004FX4 to post his findings. I just hate paying almost $300 for a new filter, tube and connections. Not that $130 is much better for just the tube and stock filter replacement.

T

Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
04fx4scab
Senior User
that makes sense. i guess it comes down to improvement/money spent. buy the jr. kit for less money than the full intake but you won't see as much of an improvement as compared to the full intake.

my only other question would be is the increase in performance between the jr and full kit worth the extra $150?

i too like the idea of $130 as compared to $300. i was all ready to buy the airaid this morning (i am tired of waiting for the AF1 intake - they keep pushing out the delivery date), but now i think i will wait to see some of the feedback for the jr.

Old 09-20-2004, 01:21 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Guyz, been out since friday but can tell you what I found with the JR. Not Much! it's definately louder but as far as performance, not much changed. I was out with a friend fishing on Saturday and we talked about our engines and it's performance. he has the Airaid Cold Air intake (full kit) in his Silverado and told me I should've gone that route to begin with... so yesterday I called down to our performance shop and they had one in stock. went there and paid $289+tax, they told me If I like the system and want to part with the JR that they would give me back $90 as like a trade-in, also my stock parts. Boy, was "I" in for an eye opener! when I installed the JR I was Happy . I got the full kit in place in about 25 min. (assembly) and when I cranked her "WOOOWIE" the Borla and intake came alive!!! No light on the dash....no air leakage....good to go! by 11 am I was cruising the streets and boy what a difference! A$$ Dyno noticed from the get go. cruised over to my friends house and showed him. we both went for a cruise and he was even more impressed with the sound. He's running Flowmaster 40 in his Silver mated with the Airaid and the quality of sound is very different. He has the dreaded drone in the cabin at highway speed and he doesn't like when he is at a stoplight... people either stare at him or roll their windows up. also he's concerned bout his neigbors and what they think of him leaving his house at 4:30am. these were just some of his concerns but he's happy with the performance and mileage gain in all.
for me, this make's day 2 and coming into to work was a thrill. more of My2Cent to come later! Arrividerci! TTFN!

Old 09-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Truckasaurus
Senior User
Guyz, been out since friday but can tell you what I found with the JR. Not Much! it's definately louder but as far as performance, not much changed. I was out with a friend fishing on Saturday and we talked about our engines and it's performance. he has the Airaid Cold Air intake (full kit) in his Silverado and told me I should've gone that route to begin with... so yesterday I called down to our performance shop and they had one in stock. went there and paid $289+tax, they told me If I like the system and want to part with the JR that they would give me back $90 as like a trade-in, also my stock parts. Boy, was "I" in for an eye opener! when I installed the JR I was Happy . I got the full kit in place in about 25 min. (assembly) and when I cranked her "WOOOWIE" the Borla and intake came alive!!! No light on the dash....no air leakage....good to go! by 11 am I was cruising the streets and boy what a difference! A$$ Dyno noticed from the get go.
Well...its good to have all the info collected. With a stock exhaust it will still be good to hear what the JR kit does. Hawaiian, did you also have the high flow filter or the stock paper filter when you had the JR? It comes with it right?

Thanks,

T

Old 09-20-2004, 06:45 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Trucka, yes had the JR kit; pipe, high flow filter and hardware included. not much to it.. the most time consuming part was removing the stock system and let me tell ya it's amazing what this stock pipe helps to hide.

it seems as though it went from sucking air through a coffee stir straw to a 7-11 super slurpey straw. It is music to my ears!

Old 09-21-2004, 05:16 AM
04fx4scab
Senior User
so you're saying that the jr wasn't worth the money and to go with the full kit? just want to make sure, don't want to buy the wrong one.

Quick Reply: Airaid Question