Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Senior User

stupid red ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.
P1443 EECS control valve - an exclusive Ford rip off...

Got a CEL the other day and decided to pull the codes with my trusty scanner. I got the P1443 code "Evaporative Emissions Control System Control Valve".

My friend has a 96 Mazda B4000 and we regularly duel each other in terms of repairs and what components will break down next. It really is amazing how we've both had almost the same components go bad on our trucks. About 6 months ago he got a P1443. He went to Mazda and got the control valve and solenoid and all the pre formed vacuume lines for about $100 after tax (Canadian).

Today I went to Ford because it's closer to my house. Ford wanted $200 for the solenoid and $45 for the little conrol valve and extra on top of that for the vacuume lines (I didn't even ask how much).

Needless to say I went to Mazda for the kit and paid a little less than $100 after tax for everything. The parts even had "Ford" stamped onto the sides of them. 10 minutes later and a cleared CEL and I was on my way.

Why is Ford like this? They seem out to gouge customers at every turn. It really makes me want to do business ANYWHERE else. I encourage anyone looking for parts to check out a Mazda dealership before hand just to compare prices.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Posting Guru

Dave257 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Prices ....

Yea it gets kind of crazy.. I do know the local ford dealer has something like 4 different prices on parts. over the counter to the general public, repairs made by the their mechanic, to the local shop car mechinic, wholesale to other parts stores. something like that. I have a local big dealer that won't give me anthing but the retail price, ($240.00 for a maf) but a smaller dealer about 10 min down the road gives me great prices. ($90.00 same maf). And has earned my new car bussiness. So it does pay to shop around.
Dave
Old 08-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Posting Guru

rangersvt04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tim Walter
i just got quated for the same thing for $95.00(US)
solenoid lines and valve
try www.villageford.com
Old 08-11-2004, 07:49 AM
Elder User

Rancha9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Contrary to popular belief, dealerships are NOT standardized in parts pricing... The dealership in my town, besides being horrible, also sells parts for between 30-50% more than the dealership 15 miles down the road. You can guess where I go for parts....
Old 08-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Post Fiend

Mike W is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think Ford's prices are high because enough people are too lazy to shop around.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Elder User

ranger88a is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mazda also allows more billable time for a job than ford does (under warranty at least)on many jobs. Just so you know, we as techs take a beating also sometimes.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
04, 1997, 96, 97, aerostar, b4000, cel, code, eecs, ford, mazda, p1443, parts, ranger, valve