i need to vent

Old 08-10-2004, 04:03 PM
stakelinfocus
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry i need to vent

i owned, stressing the word owned, a 1997 f150 sc 4.2 l truck. that is untill about three months ago it begain leaking coolent. i had known about the onp and asked ford about two years prior to this occuring in which they told me that my truck was not affected and not to worry. well the truck begain to leak, had both gaskets fixed but it was to late cause the motor begain knocking about a month later. i traded that truck, working and perfect in every other way, in a focus. now that i have read more about this problem i don't know if i can trust my focus or the other two fords in my household. not a ford basher by far, my family has had fords for as long as i have remembered but this truck and my dad's 03 ranger 3.0 flex are thorns in the ford crown. ford used to say that quality is job one....now i think that quality is job last. my brand new focus, 04, was missing the driver side back wheel well from the factory and the mp3 player had issuses. my dad's truck has been having shifting problems that led to a planetary gear blowning out with 10,000 miles on the truck. my mom's 04 f150 has yet to see the shop but it has only 1700 miles on it. if this is where ford is heading then my focus will be the last vehicle purchased from ford. i know this is my first post but this is the only site with a dedecaded 4.2 v6 f150 board. thanks for hearing me out. promise my next post will not be like this. i just want ford to get quality back to job one not quanity.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:30 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Looks like you've run into some Ford problems there.

Well keep in mind that every Truck Name (ie: Chevy, Dodge, Toyota and so on...) are going to have issues. In my honest opinion, Chevy is the worst. Everything on a Chevy that is electrical pretty much goes to crap in under 2 years. Then the door handles, window cranks, and other miscellanous objects start coming loose and rattling. Anyways, all I want to say is that Ford is going to have problems. Expect it...but so is everyone else.

Old 08-11-2004, 04:58 PM
stakelinfocus
Freshman User
yeah i know i just hated letting a truck that was perfect in everyother way go

Old 08-11-2004, 08:04 PM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
i feel ya man i would maybe have replaced the engine it would have been cheaper than taking on a new car payment and you'd still have your truck.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:06 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Yup, I'd be pretty ticked off myself if that happened.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Leo_T
Senior User
Another hydrolock related death. When will the carnage stop? I thought all that was behind us Ford fans, or sorta fans. I must say I had been thinking of dumping my gas guzzling 5.8, now I'm having second thoughts. Last week I turned to the dark side..yes Toyota, for just a test drive.
I really liked it though. I feel like I cheated on my honey.

Sorry to hear about the early demise of your ride. Good luck with the focus. I've heard good things about them. Did you tell the saleman about the engine, or was it evident?
I do see a differance at Ford dealers. It's like their outa sight warranty. once you're out of sight the warranty is too. Cheer up better days are coming. Enjoy the Focus.

Search this Thread