6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

DSB & the Buy Back

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 05:38 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Question DSB & the Buy Back

FTE stands for Ford Truck Enthusiasts, it would be my belief, and understanding that if you post here you would have a minimum of two out of three, that being a Truck...Enthusiasms, or a Ford...if you have a Ford Truck and the last...great.

Now to make it fair to all who participate in these hollowed halls...that being the lovers, haters, and trolls.... it is best we give all an opportunity and a place to post about the most undesirable of situations..... the DSB or the Buy Back.

We have for many months had members that have continually blasted Ford and its products for building a lousy vehicle and then not standing behind it...of course this gets the goat of many members..............so to end the comments about how many lousy trucks Ford continues to build.... we will have a thread for DSB. Once these numbers are obtained, this thread will be used as a reference.
....One of the data points we need...from anyone, and verifiable......number of 6.0's sold per year...

ROE's... Rules of engagement:
You need not post here unless you fulfill these requirements.
You must be 50 % of the way through a buy back...i.e. an authorized representative of Ford must have reported to you "yes we will buy back you truck"...!
...OR...You have already gone through this process and have a different vehicle.
You must post what you bought, i.e. a Chevy or Dodge or Ford...or Ferrari
You must post you dissatisfaction/satisfaction with the process.
You must post you reaction to your new vehicle.... remember this is about being fair to all.
You cannot write short stories.....just the facts.

To all who read this... Do NOT post here UNLESS you fulfill these requirements...if you have a question send me a PM.

We are going to build a data base of honesty, those of you who have gone through this....my feelings go out to you...it was no doubt horrible.....however, all of us have had bad experiences in life we need to move on. Fix the problem and get on with life...that is what this thread is about.
No one here is fearful of the numbers, we all want to know.... so if you do not have the same truck you started with (DSB wise) start typing and let us build an honest picture.
If you are not in this process (DSB) stay out of this thread!!!!

Old 07-30-2004, 05:46 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
First data cool..."About 95,000 Super Duty pickups and Ford Excursions with the new diesel have been sold since the engine was launched. Three out of four Super Duty trucks sold are equipped with the optional diesel engine,..."
"475 bought back"

Thanks AlaskaPowerStroke

Now we need all DSB FTE members to post

Old 07-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
First data cool..."About 95,000 Super Duty pickups and Ford Excursions with the new diesel have been sold since the engine was launched. Three out of four Super Duty trucks sold are equipped with the optional diesel engine,..."
"475 bought back"

Thanks AlaskaPowerStroke

Now we need all DSB FTE members to post
Keep in mind that neither number came from Ford. They are the only ones who know the true numbers and they aren't tell'in!

Old 07-30-2004, 06:58 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by Choctaw Bob
Keep in mind that neither number came from Ford. They are the only ones who know the true numbers and they aren't tell'in!
Agreed but it is more that what we have.......and when a member posts the buy back and DOES NOT POST the number sold it is not telling the complete truth...it is not lying it is just giving the reader a sound bite.........not the complete story.

And if you only tell part of the story it does and always will jade the readers view….tell it all and some how the picture just doesn’t look the same…..the sky really is not falling.

Old 07-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Sonic Blues
Junior User
First let me say, I feel bad for those who had a bad time with a buy back. My story started like many others, great truck until reflash. Let me back up bought 03 F-350 CC 4x4 in August,03 engine build date 5/03. Took truck in for first oil change in Nov. and received flash also. Had many problems after to many to list. Went to dealership many times Harrelson Ford Charlotte NC. For most problems I got the waiting for fix from Ford,but they fixed what they could. On 12/19/03 engine shut down due to no oil pressure. After 15 days not fixed Service Manager called and asked what color I would like next truck. New truck was delivered in Feb. 04. Did not have to pay one extra dime. So to you guys out there , there is hope. My experence was painless and I love my 04 F-350 CC 4x4 6.0. By the way I traded a 2500 HD Chevy in and never looked back. LOL to the rest of you.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:20 PM
jeb
Elder User
Since you already let non-DSB/BB folks post here, this post has already gone off topic, right?

But a question anyway. Are you saying that you're going to somehow compare the results from the feedback here against the total nunber of 6.0's sold and expect that number to have meaning? Or did I miss something with regard to the accounting?

And, yes, I've been all the way through a DSB/BB so I guess I have the proper credentials to post in this thread.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:47 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MAN -
I'm not attacking you - really !

but, why are you so argumentative ?
Is there EVER a non-contentious post for you ?

I REALLY HOPE your home life is less strife ridden then your Ford Entusiast life !
I really do, bud !

Old 07-31-2004, 09:20 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by jeb
Since you already let non-DSB/BB folks post here, this post has already gone off topic, right?

But a question anyway. Are you saying that you're going to somehow compare the results from the feedback here against the total nunber of 6.0's sold and expect that number to have meaning? Or did I miss something with regard to the accounting?

And, yes, I've been all the way through a DSB/BB so I guess I have the proper credentials to post in this thread.
You have gone through the DSB then POST HERE WITH ALL THE INFORMATION.
I do not like being bated!

Old 08-01-2004, 08:41 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
...Bump...

Old 08-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Choctaw Bob
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
...Bump...
There really are very few "bad trucks" and DSBs. You are gonna have to bump this along.

Old 08-01-2004, 06:17 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
I have given them the chance............no one wants to dance

Old 08-01-2004, 08:44 PM
cdtruckn
Senior User
DSB. Truck replacement from a 05/09/03 F350 4x4 DRW crew cab lariat 6.0 psd to a 02/19/04 F350 4x4 DRW crew cab lariat 6.0 psd with added options. dual alt, FX4 package, Power sliding rear window.

My old truck was a year and 2 month night maire, 45 days in the shop for 2 R/M seals, 5 injectors then 3 injectors a steering box, rear differential 2 times, 1 windshield, and the Oct flash for fuel mileage and loud idle. all with in a 755 miles started at 5 miles

My new 04 has made a camping trip already without a problem with 500 miles on it it's the truck that i should of had to start with.

The DSB process was just what thay say in the paplet no problem.
I won on 45 days out of service and fuel in the engine oil 2 times.

The dealer transaction was the nightmare, Ford dump it on the dealer and thay had not done one before
So thay tryed to find me a truck for the same MSRP (WRONG) I told them dont call me untill you find the same truck with the same opp or more than i had.

It took 2 1/2 weeks with help from ford co.

But now I have a real truck

Old 08-01-2004, 08:48 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Thanks CD.....keep on trucking

Old 08-03-2004, 08:45 PM
khorn444
New User
DSB finshed

I bought a 2003 F350 6.0L Superduty 8’ Larit with a few more options around <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:date Month=[/img]9/1/03</st1:date>. I received a re-call for the emissions, my guess a flash in 1/04 and took it to the original dealer we purchased it from as I had a free first oil change and it was ready for that. I requested that they check the battery as one of them had no sign of charge, no green light showing. Picked it up was told there was nothing wrong with the battery and that it was charged, still no green light. After the re-call was done I noticed the engine was louder and the gas mileage decreased. After a couple weeks the check engine light came on, so we immediately took it to the local dealer (5,600mil). They re-set the computer program. Well it came on again, we took it back to the local dealer and the service writer re-fused to write it up and would not service the truck. He told us that Ford/Dealer policy is to have the customers take the 6.0 Diesels with drivability issues as rhey are having too many issues with the 6.0 back to the purchase dealers (50+ miles away for me). Now I was really upset!! I have a warranty but have to drive 50+ to have service done? Where does it say that in the warranty? But the local dealer would do maintenance and take my money! So needless to say I filed a DSB (Dispute Settlement Board) and Lemon Law[b] in April and received notice I won end of May.<O</O

Last edited by khorn444; 08-03-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Florida F-350
New User
I went through the DSB and got a new truck without to much trouble, so now I have a newer 2004 with different problems then the first. What are the odds on getting 2 bad 6.0's, aparently pretty good.

Quick Reply: DSB & the Buy Back