Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

illumination lights...among other things

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 03:44 PM
lemonaide
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for some reason my instrument panel doesn't light up when i turn on the headlights...but, they do light up when the headlights and the dome light are on. what is going on there?

also, i'm trying(and not doing a very good job) to put in a new stereo. i can't find the ACC wire(i know how to find it, but no new wires are hot when i turn the key)...and the the dimmer and illumination wires are only hot when both the headlight and dome light are on(probably the same problem as the illumination lights)...i'm so frustrated! someone please put me out of my misery! thanks!

oh yeah...two more things...the fuel gage always reads empty and the window and door buttons don't work on the passenger side. any help would be greatly appreciated!

joe

Old 03-04-2002, 08:27 AM
4x4_EB_Explorer
Senior User

I'm kind newbie into this but I will do my best.

1. The illimunation, chekck your fuses, that's all comes to my mind.

2. On the problem with your windows, maybe you should need to replace the control modules. These are the buttons that when you press the window/locks get on or off. This also could be a wiring problem. Go to a locksmith shop and they will diagnose it. To see if the wiring works, they will try the driver's side controls on the passeger side.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Crazy_John69
Junior User