Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

can anyone stop the dang honking & get rid of the gremlin!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Tyger9791
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '96 Explorer XLT and I wanted to know if there is any way to make it so that when you press the button on the key fob to set the alarm that the truck won't honk, if it would just blink the parking lights instead.
Also my explorer has a gremlin. it lives in the driver's side door. Everytime i hit a pothole or a bump, the CD player will skip and the speaker in the driver's side door will quit. When i hit another bump or if i turn off/on the A/C or heat, or do anything electrical, the speaker will kick on again. I had the door locks fixed (the actuators were replaced on the front doors) a few weeks ago. Before then, whenever i hit a bump, the speaker would quit and my check engine light would come on. Now the check engine light does not come on (my body guy did something right, probably unintentional). I wonder if the audio system has something wrong with it, maybe a loose wire, or a short somewhere. any ideas?

Old 03-24-2002, 04:11 PM
mrshorty
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts