Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Events & Happenings
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Senior User

robtinalimon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Canfield Jamboree

Just got back from the event. It was cool. I was dissapointed that I saw no early extended cabs or crew cabs, represented. Just early Broncos and standard cab trucks. We left befor the tough trucks, the kids were hurting. Anywho, Summit is having a " thing" next weekend. I will be there....
Old 07-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Elder User

Monster 78 F-150 4X4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went and was a little disapointed also. There wasnt that many driveable trucks there. Also the prices where a little hig like $15 to get in and $20 for a t shirt (yes I bought this year and one last year but last year they were only $15) Im going to the Summit Derby Downs show and im hopefully going to be taking the Blue Ox (check my gallery) because its only needs about 10 more hours of work and a set of plates to hit the street.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:33 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

RUNVS has a good reputation on FTE.RUNVS has a good reputation on FTE.
I was there Saturday and Sunday and came away thinking it was a good show overall. Being small has its advantages like a manageable crowd and the kids not getting too tired from walking for miles. You're also not rushed to try to see everything w/in a day.

On the downside, however, that means that there is sometimes a lack of vendor's and some more organized events. I think a few more kid events would be nice. I thought the infield events like the mud drags, diesel pull, tough trucks and monsters was pretty well organized, but was usually running behind schedule and not always because of uncontrollable events like crashes. And although I understand the reasoning behind it (super-fast rails as well as the infield being setup for the other events), I thought the mud drags were much too far from the grandstands.

The tough trucks and monsters were right up front though so everyone had a good view of those. I also thought the overall setup was nice and the event was very clean (no garbage piling out of the garbage cans).

Anyone else attend? What did you think, especially compared to previous years?
'02 F-250 Super Duty 5.4L XLT 4x4 SCLB, '09 bed/gate/step/cam, '07 front conversion, SPD Y-pipe, SS dual 2.5 w/MBRP tips, Gibson shortys, PowerSlot Cryos, Hawk pads, A-pillar triple pod, optima bluetop, dual-core radiator, Bilsteins, 295/70R17 Nittos on Raceline Predators, K&N, Back Rack, SCT w/5star tunes, Warn lockouts, several anti-theft devices
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j-TflIBAG5c/TtG6TkJ9PjI/AAAAAAAAKsQ/svk9X8Ki2No/s144/truck%2520hauling.jpg Click --->HERE<-- to join the OHIO Chapter!!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Senior User

kc2006 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I live like 2 mins from the fairgrounds there and I didnt go, they always want too much money for the events there (almost all the events are owned by one company) they used to have a huge car show with 2000+ cars but they started to get greedy and no one would go anymore. So yea it always gets to be more and more money each year to go.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Events & Happenings