Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Junior User

Silverback is starting off with a positive reputation.
Red face What to buy?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. If it is, please feel free to move it.
I introduced myself in another thread, but in case you haven't seen that one, I'm a total newcomer-
new to the pick-up truck world
new to NH (native New Englander, tho')
new to this Board
My two sons and son-in-law all have Explorers, but my wife and I have decided we have more need for a truck. After looking around, we've narrowed our choice between a 1995 or a 1993 F150. Here are the features:
Both are XLT's Standard cab 4X4's with 8' beds and dual gas tanks and in very good condition.

The 1993 is a 'pretty' truck- 2 tone blue, bedliner in great shape and has the diamond plate trim around the rails, 4 very 'aggressive' Michelins and a spare that shows some age. The cab is plush- overhead console, wood trim, P/W, P/L- in short, my wife likes it! This truck is a 300ci 6 cylinder with 12++++miles. Asking price is $2850.

The 1995 is a 'work' truck- not abused, scratched, etc., just not an eye catcher. It has 163K miles, but only 40K on the new 5.0 engine. It has 5 very good 'truck' tires. The steering box and pump are brand new. Asking price is $3999.

Has anyone got some advice? I am mainly concerned if a 6 cyl. will carry an F150 in whatever situation I get into: hauling lumber, going to VT, winter snow, etc.- nothing drastic like climbing Kilominjaro, etc.. Is the difference in MPG significant? Are there any "idiosyncracies" about F150's I should watch for- especially re: the 4X4?, etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Senior User

robduval is starting off with a positive reputation.
my buddy had an 87 f-250 with the inline six, we couldn't kill it. we even freighted that truck up with bricks one time and it moved right along. his was a stick though and you didn't mention what that one is st/at. oh yeah his truck had 350k on the original motor. they bolth sound like a decent deal so it looks like personal preference.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. If it is, please feel free to move it.
I introduced myself in another thread, but in case you haven't seen that one, I'm a total newcomer-
new to the pick-up truck world
new to NH (native New Englander, tho')
new to this Board
My two sons and son-in-law all have Explorers, but my wife and I have decided we have more need for a truck. After looking around, we've narrowed our choice between a 1995 or a 1993 F150. Here are the features:
Both are XLT's Standard cab 4X4's with 8' beds and dual gas tanks and in very good condition.

The 1993 is a 'pretty' truck- 2 tone blue, bedliner in great shape and has the diamond plate trim around the rails, 4 very 'aggressive' Michelins and a spare that shows some age. The cab is plush- overhead console, wood trim, P/W, P/L- in short, my wife likes it! This truck is a 300ci 6 cylinder with 12++++miles. Asking price is $2850.
The 1995 is a 'work' truck- not abused, scratched, etc., just not an eye catcher. It has 163K miles, but only 40K on the new 5.0 engine. It has 5 very good 'truck' tires. The steering box and pump are brand new. Asking price is $3999.
Has anyone got some advice? I am mainly concerned if a 6 cyl. will carry an F150 in whatever situation I get into: hauling lumber, going to VT, winter snow, etc.- nothing drastic like climbing Kilominjaro, etc.. Is the difference in MPG significant? Are there any "idiosyncracies" about F150's I should watch for- especially re: the 4X4?, etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
First of all Welcome to FTE I am the NE chapter leader and just wanted to say you are welcome indeed I have had the 300 six before in an 150 they are great that 93 sounds like a good deal. drop me a email any time if you need advice I have had Fords all my life so I might be able to help you. Good Luck.sglaine
Old 07-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Junior User

Thanks!

Thank you for the responses- and the welcome!
It looks like we're going for the '93. In fact we may get it today. I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks again!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Junior User

Talking I got it today!!!

I drove it home this afternoon![img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SgCz*x4V6wH*veMdy2fBSzwkzYJSMNNs9YzOe*JVJCaazuTcB xG0Ik8eBn3ROs8tph0b5E*9OVJsgTTIMouQoYyC!bngmC1gs!M KnPNzSn5X2*uVsivvsg/New%20Truck%20001.jpg?dc=4675481865248804393[/img]

It's my first-ever "pick-'em-up truck"! It's a '93 F150 XLT 4X4. 8' bed w/ liner and diamond plate rails and inner tailgate/rail. My wife LOVES it!!!
As I said, I'm new to this corner of the motoring world, and will need a lot of educating. I sure hope you folks are tolerant of total newbies!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Junior User

See? "educating!" How do links work here? I thought I pushed all the right buttons- the pic showed when I was typing it!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter