Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Elder User

Bruin52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm shipping out guys!

After sitting around waiting to be hired on at a new job and only hearing that I'm over qualified, I've decided to return to the military. This time I'm going to go Navy. I'm heading to Columbus at the end of the week to finalize the deal and should be shipping out in November at the soonest. Good thing is that I don't have to go through basic training since I was a Marine. I'll be losing two paygrades, but there's a lot less crap I'll have to deal with also so that'll make up for it. I'm going to try and get out and meet with you all again before I leave and I'll surely stay in touch when I get to where ever I'm headed, hopefully Kings Bay, Georgia.

Bruin52
Ric Beach
Old 07-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Elder User

biggieou is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ric, I'd personally like to wish you the best of luck. We need lots of good guys like you in the service. Be safe, and stop in here whenever you can, we'd love to hear how you are doing.
God Bless!!!!

-Josh
Old 07-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Congrats Nic! thats is a very good move, Fair Sea's and Following Winds, to you. stay in touch will ya?

USS Tripoli LPH-10 AIMD
Navy Moblie Construction Battalion- 5
Epuipment Operator 3rd Class
Old 07-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
Best of luck to you Ric. Hope you can keep in touch where ever you end up.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Senior User

Stanstruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best of luck, Ric!
Make sure to get in touch with us as soon as you can!

Stan
Old 07-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Senior User

grampztoyz351 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good luck and best wishes. Please stay as safe as possible. Wish I could go back myself, NAVY '75 to '77 USS INDEPENDANCE CV-62 , FIGHTING 33rd!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Elder User

Katmandu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin52
After sitting around waiting to be hired on at a new job and only hearing that I'm over qualified, I've decided to return to the military. This time I'm going to go Navy.

Good thing is that I don't have to go through basic training since I was a Marine. I'll be losing two paygrades, but there's a lot less crap I'll have to deal with also so that'll make up for it.

Ric Beach
Dude! You shoulda gone in to the USAF! I recently Retired from the USAF in Apr03.

Anyways, good choice to go back in. I did 20 years and got out and I kinda regret it now. The Civilian community knows NOTHING about Professionalism. There's no loyality and no commradry either. It's just dog eat dog and noone gives a crap about quality customer service.

That really bites your giving up (2) Paygrades!! Something doesn't seem right AT ALL about that.

So what are you gonna do in the Navy ??
Old 07-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Junior User

ammo troop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Take care of yourself, and if you ever vacation over in the sandbox keep your head down(it can be sketchy and FRIGGIN HOT at times!). I understand what you mean about life on this side, just did a 20 year stint in USAF as an AMMO TROOP! best time I ever had, Course I am loving this Mr. title more and more!

Later
Ammo Troop

93' 4x4 "Bad" Sport
99' Mounty (wife's ride)
92' Ranger
Old 07-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Elder User

AegisSailor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome aboard Shipmate! Any idea yet as to what Rate your going into?
Old 07-27-2004, 04:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter