Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Posting Guru

Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Question Chrysler Pacifica? / Ford Freestyle?

Does anyone here own a Chrysler Pacifica? I think they are a good looking vehicle and I can't wait until Ford's Freestyle becomes available. I'm currently driving an '01 Windstar and will probably be trading it in next spring for a Freestyle.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
EEwwwEEE.... Pacifica ??!?!!?
Glad you like them, cuz I sure don't !!!
but maybe it's because I dislike the singer they used for their commercials....
all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 07-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Posting Guru

Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Can't say I've ever seen a Pacifica commercial. I guess what I like about the vehicle is the seating, the cargo space and the availability of all wheel drive.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Posting Guru

rob_nc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hopefully the Freestyle will be a bigger hit than the Freestar, which was a complete waste of development money.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Posting Guru

Isn't the Freestar just an updated Windstar?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Elder User

yardbird is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well with a dumb name like FREESTYLE I wouldn't hold my breath. The FREESTAR, for example, may or may not be the best van on earth, but it looks like a cheaper version of the WINSTAR, which I think the last few years were very good looking vans. The problem is that the poor reputation of the WINDSTAR is keeping customers away in droves because they think it is just a warmed over clone, plus the name leaves a lot to be desired also.

Since FORD is trying to make all of their brands start with an F, I guess we can call the them those F'ing FORDS.

Just my opinion though.. I could be totally wrong. I was wrong once. I worked off of the information I had been given and made a wrong decision. Wait a minute, since I was given wrong information, I really made the right decision based on the information I had, so it was the source of information that was at fault. I take back my ocassionally being wrong comment .
Old 07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Windstar, Freestar, No star. The loose the minivan comparos. I rode in a '03 Windstar---last of the Windstars. Not bad, but the engine sounds like a thrash machine. Terrible engine sound. Our '97 Olds silly with the mousemotor 3.4 sounds like a runnin' machine by comparison.

Pacifica= fuel slurping pig. otherwise a nice 5000lb car.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Elder User

fn250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardbird
Since FORD is trying to make all of their brands start with an F, I guess we can call the them those F'ing FORDS.
Who told you about me?
Old 07-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
SO what, now F ord has to be all F?

Just like Chevalay had to be all C?

Them marketing boys get dumber and dumber every year.
Let's see, the F600 had a long hood, The C was a Cab over....What if there were a Utility Cabover, but it had to be a F series, King of the road trim. Better go back to the model A. .................................................. .................................................. .......

8 year olds would not be able to figure this out, cause the C series has been discontinued, so they wouldn't even try to figure this out, honest.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Post Fiend

1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.
And all Mercurys have to start with M (seriously, I can't make this stuff up).

I don't care what they call the Freestyle: this is one awesome car/SUV/crossover, whatever. When they come out, go test drive one. If Ford can keep the price where they've been talking, this vehicle will be a grand slam home run. Room for 6 adults, the strongest body and frame of ANY american-made car, and just about as much interior room as an Explorer, all for under 30 grand, loaded. Oh yeah, this will do VERY well. It may not be for all us truck owners, but it will blow away the car competition.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
you really are a car salesman....
Old 07-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Posting Guru

rob_nc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardbird
Well with a dumb name like FREESTYLE I wouldn't hold my breath. The FREESTAR, for example, may or may not be the best van on earth, but it looks like a cheaper version of the WINSTAR, which I think the last few years were very good looking vans. The problem is that the poor reputation of the WINDSTAR is keeping customers away in droves because they think it is just a warmed over clone, plus the name leaves a lot to be desired also.

Ford missed the boat when they redesigned the Windstar and FAILED miserably to add anything new to the van that wasnt' already available previously in another make. I laugh each time I saw a Freestar commercial touting their INNOVATIONS. Ford better turn the light on because they are obviously in the dark.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Senior User

another_ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruker
Does anyone here own a Chrysler Pacifica? I think they are a good looking vehicle and I can't wait until Ford's Freestyle becomes available. I'm currently driving an '01 Windstar and will probably be trading it in next spring for a Freestyle.
The problem with the Pacifica, for me at least, is headroom. I'm 6'3" and my head hits the roof w/ the seat in the lowest riding position. Coupled with the poor rear visibilty it already has, it makes for some huge blindspots.

The interior is pretty nice, though. You can really see the Mercedes influence coming into play.
'03 harley f-150- ?????
Old 07-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
For a bit of a preview to what the Freestyle may be like, Ford Australia just released the Ford Territory, which as I understand is what the Freestyle is partially based on (check out the similarity in styling). I have recently test drove one, and they are VERY impressive, ridiculous amount of interior room, and handles seriously better than most cars. Like I have said in other threads, pity you Americans don't get the good Aussie cars.
http://www.ford.com.au/territory/
Old 07-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Whats 42,000 dollars AU equal to in US currency?
Old 07-18-2004, 12:01 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers

Tags
2000, bigger, car, chassis, chrysler, compare, ford, freestyle, freestyles, pacifica, pacificas, similar, trock, truck, vehicles