General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Whiners

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 01:45 PM
sandrat
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiners

I imagine this topic has been brought up beaten to death and buried many times over, but This has gotten under my skin lately, and I need a release. Whiny people. They're really buggin me for some reason. I must admit, with my leg all busted up, I've been guilty of A LOT of self pity this summer, but I figure I'm owed. Anyways, my buddy and I go into the local store for some smokes, and there is a group of local punks hanging out front just like they have been for as long as I can remember. The faces change but the story never does. As I'm walking out, I over here one of them remark on how much his life sucks. Why, you ask? Because his parents are mad at him for smoking weed, an he's grounded for that Friday (ONE NIGHT ONLY!) Lets see here. As far as I know, he's never worked, he spends all day hanging out with his buddies in town or at the beach, and he's funded by said parents. YOUR LIFE RULES. I wish I could do that, and not panic about money. Next event: A buddy is seeign this girl who was whining about the fact that her parents ONLY let her go to Florida for Spring Break, as opposed to Cancun like she wanted. GEEZ! I only ever got to go to work on spring break, and I had to pay my own way to get THERE!. I'm only 21, yet my friends and I all agree that "kids these days" are REALLY spoiled. We all had to work if we wanted anything, and we just did it. These punks are whining about not getting enough FREE stuff. I just don't get it, do you folks? Once again, sorry for bringing up a tired subject, but I can't take it anymore....

Old 07-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
The people who allow their children to grow up by earning & paying for things themselves are the parents who genuinely care about their children.,
IMHO,the ones that don't raise their children this way are doing them more harm than good.

Later in life everytime someone says NO, this person will never figure out why on their own.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:21 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if you're raised with a silver spoon or raised in poverty...you will still complain about what you don't have, it's human nature.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:26 PM
thunderguns71
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup I see it all the time, and its really makes me mad,more than it should I guess, like for instance, have you ever had some one just flat out tell you that when they get out of school that they dont have to work b/c daddy is going to pay for it all even college and that person "was" my g/f. Me working my tail off here and people like that getting off easy, and then its those people who have it easy that thinks the world owes them sumthin if sumthin dont go there way, but i guess people like that could read this thread and say we are whining also. As far as life sucking though Heck im happy to be alive and well, so life dont suck to bad for me.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:34 PM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
well the diffrence is that you will complain knowing you will have to work X amount of hours to make up the diffrence if you werent spoiled.....or you will complain that you dont have the $$ because no one will give it to you and you wont work for it if you were spoiled......My family was 'well off' because my dad was a General Contractor and owned his own construction company, my mom was finance manager at a big bank (no names) we lived on 20 acres with a 2 story 5 bed 3-1/2 bath house with in ground pool and 3 car garage and a new car in each one. I personally had 3 dirt bikes KX125 (2) and KX250 (1)and 1-4 wheeler LT500R Quadzilla......HOWEVER.....i had to work at my dads company, i had chores to do, school grades to keep up, and if any of the above slipped i lost my stuff !! i wasnt spoiled and guess how i paid for my 1st car? thats right i sold off my dirtbikes and used my own money from work....now my lil brother....thats a diffrent story he was a brat.....oh yea and ive never been to jail or been in any real trouble, hes been in and out and has a hellova time makin it in life now.....weird huh?

Last edited by james's f_1_fiddy01; 07-09-2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:03 PM
wezol5484
Postmaster

I havent had a job until this summer during high school. Yes, Ive been given things but who hasnt. But Ive always felt alot better about the stuff that I had to work to pay for. Now I work 12 hr days outside doing carpentry work 5 days a week. Dont really like the work a whole lot but the pay is good and I like being able to take care of my expenses. As for the punks with the "bad lives", they just want attention. I have a good friend of mine who REALLY does have a BAD life and Ive never heard him complain about it, but hes told me whats gone on.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:41 PM
cpe41
Senior User
I know what ya mean Sandrat. I'll be 47 here in a couple weeks, and it never ceases to amaze me just how spoiled the younger generations seem to be, speaking in general terms (there are exceptions, of course...). Many of the younger crowd have no idea whatsoever what it's like to actually have to work to get what you want, not to mention just to survive. I believe that the work ethic in this country is taking one heck of a beating.

When I hear some kid complaining because "Dad won't buy me the Mustang Cobra I want...he's so mean...now I have to drive that stupid '03 Mustang coupe he gave me...he's such a @#$%...", I'd love to see them have to drive my first cars (clapped out '64 Galaxies with the gas tanks held up by heavy wire and a 2x4 across the wheelhouses..). They seem to think that the world owes them everything they want. No concept at all of the true realities of life.

To those of the younger crowd that DO understand the ways of the world and the struggles of life I say "GOOD FOR YOU!". You already have a legup on most of your compatriots.

Old 07-09-2004, 09:11 PM
JohnAndHisDog
Junior User
I misunderstood. I thought your topic was about slipping clutches.