Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Drifters Logo / bumper sticker

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Drifters Logo / bumper sticker

Well, thought I'd start a new thread to keep things a little easier to follow.

My friend who is working on the logo says he has it coming right along so pretty soon I should have the final final final ....absolute final HIGH PLAINS DRIFTERS LOGO ready to print out!!!! I will first, of course, print it out and make a tee shirt of my own, and photograph it to include with the pics.

In the other thread, it was asked about making a logo on a stick on material, like vinal. My friend can make bumper stickers of the logo, but what he would have to do is put the FTE logo on the left side and the drifters emblem on the right side. If he made it the same size and shape of the tee shirt logo it would be too costly. He's going to send me pics of both when done. I will probably just go with the bumper sticker one as he makes it. I asked him to figure up a cost for a certain amount of stickers (about 30) & let me know. I will sell them for cost plus postage.

How many of you are interested in a bumper sticker? You could also probably cut the bumper sticker in half and mount them one above the other, to closer resemble the original logo. I'll have to look at it on paper first though. Please give me an idea of how many of you want the bumper sticker, since I can get it made here and probably at as reasonable as costs about anywhere.

The final.....final logo will be posted on this site..will have Matt make a sticky for it, so you can all print them out on an iron on transfer, trim them and put them on what ever tshirt you want. Again, for some uniformity for the Chapter, I will do a shirt up to set as an example for everyone to follow if that is alright with you all. For those that don't have a good printer, I can also print some up and mail them out, but I guess first I'll need to know how many I'm going to be doing...ink is costly...especially when doing a lot of portrait type images. I may need to charge something for the patch in that case. I'm sure it wouldn't be more than a couple/few bucks if enough people want them to be mailed.

OK... let me know... or wait until I have my tee shirt made and see how it looks. Either way, I'll post pictures of things either here or in a temporary album. If I knew how to make my free webpage from FTE..grrr.. that would solve a few things too. Anyhooooo.... keep yer eyes on the chapter forum for developing logo info!!

Old 07-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what're you doing up!

anyways.... I'll have to get admin to clean up this forum, I can't really do much in here.

I'm interested in a bumper sticker and a shirt, I got the no-no from my boss for the 20-22 off, its a huge race weekend, we are gonna be super busy, and another counterman already asked for the time off. That leaves two counterman and two drivers to be at the store, and basically a no - go for anyone else to get time off. Plus I already got a few days off earlier in August because a friend is coming to visit.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:35 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I'm up because wifey rubbed my back earlier and put me to sleep on the couch!!

So...it sounds like you won't be making the Kalispell meet. Bummer man. Well... some things work out and some don't.

I wish admin would set the leaders up so that they could moderate their own chapter forum and give us "restricted privileges" or whatever it would take to efficiently keep the forum clean and bandwidth at a decent level.

Shirt and bumper sticker noted. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:42 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You get my prior post? It was here, now it's gone... If you did it to keep the siize down fine, just checking...

Old 07-09-2004, 01:12 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by fellro86
You get my prior post? It was here, now it's gone... If you did it to keep the siize down fine, just checking...
I didn't see a post of yours here. I don't have the ability to remove any posts. Please post again fellro.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:03 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok. just was stating that I would like a bumper sticker, and I'll wait to see on the t-shirt, depending on cost. I think the bumper sticker is an excellent idea.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Just an update, as time slowly marches on.....and on ...and onnnnn.

I called my sign making friend tonight. He is slowly putting together something...he said he's not ready to send me an image yet, but he has changed the body on the horseman, making him younger and more handsome...or something like that. Now he's attaching him to the legs. ..... ... of the rest of the rider on the horse. Well... I did promise a nice looking logo..one we can print out and the whole nine yards. I will keep you all informed on the logo and bumper sticker as time progresses...and I get more grey haired.

I was reading in another forum, something about the Kansas Chapter's shirt with FTE logo and their "registered" name. Now my curiosity is kicking into overdrive with this chapter schtufffs. I'm hoping Ken lets us keep the "Drifters" part of our name and not make us just do the High Plains Chapter. ( Boring...and a lot of work has gone into the design of the logo.)

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 07-16-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fordlover1951
...he has changed the body on the horseman, making him younger and more handsome...

Do you think he can do anything for you?

Old 07-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
Do you think he can do anything for you?
It's hard to improve on perfection.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:18 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oooooooooooooooooo boy...it's startin to git deep in here...glad i wear boots all the time...otherwise i might drown.......ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Michael

Old 07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Hey now...be nice... you are in Kalispell and can easlily be tracked! LOL! I'm getting old...I deserve to have a little vanity after all these years. I think it's a requirement after you hit 50.

Old 07-19-2004, 01:32 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
51...we really do need to get out for coffee sometime soon...this week will probably be a bad time, as my grandfather passed away sunday evening around 6...will be a lot of running around and helping out to get things in order...but perhaps next week sometime...

Michael

Old 07-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I'll be working Monday thru Friday 8 - 4 for the next three weeks until my boss gets back. I'm playing da man for three weeks so no more fun for a while. The wife says shes in charge in the mean time. We'll have that coffee sooner or later. Probably when you, me, mtflatt get together for the first annual NW Mt meet in the middle of August. Not sure if anyone else is going to make it now.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:36 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
yeah, it's lookin like there might just be a few of us...lol...that's alright...us local boys can have a bit of fun anyway....

Michael

Old 07-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Yeah! It's Fair week. My wife and I go for our annual Lions Million Dollar Chicken and corn on da cob. Then we walk around and I donate half a paycheck trying to win a gun or something, that if I just saved the annual donations, I could eventually just go out and buy.

Next month I'll start hitting everyone with the reminder of the "big event".

I guess I should make a post to the other states to get on the ball and organize a meet in their states. We don't all have to travel a thousand miles just to meet each other. It's kinda illogical with as much territory we all cover.