Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

6.0 Powerstroke

Old 07-07-2004, 11:33 AM
whitmanwd
New User
Location: Brandon Twp. is just north of Clarkston near DTE Music Theater
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 6.0 Powerstroke

Will be test driving this Friday 7/9. Any infro on performance of this new motor would greatly appreaciated.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
sandrat
Posting Guru
What exactly do you want to know? I've been very impressed with them,
personally

Old 07-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Whitmanwd;

You can find all the info you are looking for on the 6.0 in the 6.0 forum. I would scrole up and check it out.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Jim

Old 08-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Rick Braden
Senior User
Originally Posted by whitmanwd
Will be test driving this Friday 7/9. Any infro on performance of this new motor would greatly appreaciated.
I have 13,500 mi on '04, F250 6.0 ltr & pull HEAVY stuff. Never misses a lick. Contact me if you like, done many things for longevity & mile per gallon.

Old 08-13-2004, 05:46 AM
triple8
Senior User
Rick I am very interested to hear what you have done. I just picked up an 04 Supercab Lariat 4X4 with the 6.0, auto trans. I only have 1200 miles on it so far, but love the truck. I am a little scared after reading all the post about poor fuel ecomomy and loss of power. I am switching from two Dodges with the Cummins. Great engines, 18-20 on the eway at 70+ consistently, unloaded. Once saw 19 pulling a 26' inclosed car hauler with two Jeeps in it. Reason for Buying the Ford is a long story. In short I ordered a Dodge in April and in July Chrysler canceled the order becasue they were going into '05 production. They told me 6-8 weeks for the order, and never indicated the order would be canceled at any point. Feel the blood pressure rising better stop that story here.

Old 08-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Rick Braden
Senior User
To triple8
I have a preluber to have full oil pressure when I hit starter. I also have an Oil Guard bypass filter to clean oil to 1-2 microns which makes oil last longer under most conditions. I have AFE Air Guard 7 intake air filter. I put in 55 gal replacement fuel tank. I put in Banks 4" monster exhaust from turbo back. I bypassed cat converter & unplugged erg valve. I just installed Jucie by Edgeproducts which is what they call a flip-chip along with the in-cab monitor. bought 11 of 2003 & has "08 Sept 03" on FICM. The truck was in shop at 2000 miles because it would not maintain an rpm out of gear without "hunting". I guess it was flashed. Have NEVER had 1 concern with truck whatsoever. Runs fantastic, lots of power even though I have only gotten on it a handfull of times. My only concern with truck is to drive it easy, take the best care of it because my vehicles usually last forever. I'm not a speed demon at all & drive with a very light foot. This is true especially with 11,500 lb 5th wheel or 5,500 lb utility trailer for heating/ac jobs.

Search this Thread