Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2004, 11:33 AM
New User

Location: Brandon Twp. is just north of Clarkston near DTE Music Theater
whitmanwd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile 6.0 Powerstroke

Will be test driving this Friday 7/9. Any infro on performance of this new motor would greatly appreaciated.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Posting Guru

sandrat is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What exactly do you want to know? I've been very impressed with them,
personally
Flat Rate Motto: "What does that pay?"
Old 07-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Elder User

Jimjdb1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Whitmanwd;

You can find all the info you are looking for on the 6.0 in the 6.0 forum. I would scrole up and check it out.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Jim
Old 08-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Senior User

Rick Braden is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmanwd
Will be test driving this Friday 7/9. Any infro on performance of this new motor would greatly appreaciated.
I have 13,500 mi on '04, F250 6.0 ltr & pull HEAVY stuff. Never misses a lick. Contact me if you like, done many things for longevity & mile per gallon.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Senior User

triple8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rick I am very interested to hear what you have done. I just picked up an 04 Supercab Lariat 4X4 with the 6.0, auto trans. I only have 1200 miles on it so far, but love the truck. I am a little scared after reading all the post about poor fuel ecomomy and loss of power. I am switching from two Dodges with the Cummins. Great engines, 18-20 on the eway at 70+ consistently, unloaded. Once saw 19 pulling a 26' inclosed car hauler with two Jeeps in it. Reason for Buying the Ford is a long story. In short I ordered a Dodge in April and in July Chrysler canceled the order becasue they were going into '05 production. They told me 6-8 weeks for the order, and never indicated the order would be canceled at any point. Feel the blood pressure rising better stop that story here.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Senior User

Rick Braden is starting off with a positive reputation.
To triple8
I have a preluber to have full oil pressure when I hit starter. I also have an Oil Guard bypass filter to clean oil to 1-2 microns which makes oil last longer under most conditions. I have AFE Air Guard 7 intake air filter. I put in 55 gal replacement fuel tank. I put in Banks 4" monster exhaust from turbo back. I bypassed cat converter & unplugged erg valve. I just installed Jucie by Edgeproducts which is what they call a flip-chip along with the in-cab monitor. bought 11 of 2003 & has "08 Sept 03" on FICM. The truck was in shop at 2000 miles because it would not maintain an rpm out of gear without "hunting". I guess it was flashed. Have NEVER had 1 concern with truck whatsoever. Runs fantastic, lots of power even though I have only gotten on it a handfull of times. My only concern with truck is to drive it easy, take the best care of it because my vehicles usually last forever. I'm not a speed demon at all & drive with a very light foot. This is true especially with 11,500 lb 5th wheel or 5,500 lb utility trailer for heating/ac jobs.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
60, forums, powerstroke