1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I Got IT! Now I Got ?'s ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Thoth88
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I Got IT! Now I Got ?'s ?????

Just received my manual for my truck from Motor Haven, now I've got some ?'s maybe you all can answer.

First of all what is the diference between the "F" designation and the "P" designation?

How 'good' is the TIMKIN rear end? Through deductive reasioning and looking at the pictures I have determined I have a TIMKIN.

Does anybody know who would have new tubeless rims for my truck. Just had 2 tires replaced and the tire co. that did the work f 'd up 1 ring and damaged both rims. I wasn't cahrged for the labor or disposal of old tires.

As always thanx for any and all halp.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:06 AM
mt54
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the F is pickup and the P is a panel truck
Mike

Old 07-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,351 Likes on 1,110 Posts
Originally Posted by Thoth88
Just received my manual for my truck from Motor Haven, now I've got some ?'s maybe you all can answer.

First of all what is the diference between the "F" designation and the "P" designation?

How 'good' is the TIMKIN rear end? Through deductive reasioning and looking at the pictures I have determined I have a TIMKIN.

Does anybody know who would have new tubeless rims for my truck. Just had 2 tires replaced and the tire co. that did the work f 'd up 1 ring and damaged both rims. I wasn't cahrged for the labor or disposal of old tires.

As always thanx for any and all halp.
A rim from a newer ford 1/2 ton( about 85 down) will fit if it do`s not matter about correctness. The newer Ford factory mags will also fit.

Last edited by fomoko1; 07-08-2004 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spelling