Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > Flathead V8 & Flathead 6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2004, 01:01 PM
New User

jhaa_lives is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Ford 226 Flathead 6 Cylinder - Electronic Ignition

I have a Ford 226 flathead inline 6 cylinder engine (same as in some ~49-51 Ford trucks). I'd like to replace the old points ignition with a new electronic ignition (i.e. Pertronix kit). When I asked Pertronix for a kit, they asked me what kind of distributor I currently have. The only information remaining on the distributor is "065"... and any other information is worn away with time. Has anybody bought one of these kits, or does anyone know what the stock distributor was for this engine? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Other Ford Engines > Flathead V8 & Flathead 6

Tags
226, 6cylinder, cyclinder, cylinder, electrinic, electronic, flat, flathead, ford, head, ignition, ignitions, ingion, ingition, inline, pertronix