Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels Click Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2004, 10:47 AM
New User

uglydukwling is starting off with a positive reputation.
coined wheel replacement

I'm in the process of buying new tires and while I'm at it I want to replace my split rims (16" duals) with one-piece rims, but I'm having trouble finding rims with coined bolt holes. My tire dealer claims the later wheel with the plain bolt holes will work, but I always understood that they were only for hub-located applications, and that if the wheel wasn't a snug fit on the hub, it needed the tapered holes to locate on the studs.
The Ford dealer is no help. The parts man not only can't find coined wheels, he doesn't know what they are.
Has anybody replaced coined wheels with plain ones. If so, do the nuts stay tight and do the wheels center well enough to not vibrate?
Old 07-06-2004, 10:47 AM

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 F250 OEM Trailer Brake Controller Problems Vendorstech Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 0 10-05-2014 01:30 AM
Tire problems...just need advice hbolles Super Duty & Heavy Duty 0 07-05-2014 05:27 PM
Coin Holder Harness 95 F150 Dude 2004 - 2008 F150 3 07-24-2011 03:24 PM
What wheels will fit a 1975 F350 Dually? johnboy01 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1 12-25-2010 05:16 PM
Dually wheel question? supercab4x4dually 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 0 05-07-2007 11:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels

Tags
16, bolt, buy, coined, ford, hole, inch, replacement, replacing, rim, rims, truck, trucks, wheel, wheels