2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration Fixes........

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 12:03 PM
ringking
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration Fixes........

Just started to notice the vibration issue with my truck. Mainly in the steering wheel and the gas pedal. Don't know if the two are the same problem or not. I have a FX4 with 18" wheels (Supercab). I have read many of the vibration posts and that is what helped me to identify the problem in my truck. Maybe it has been there all along and I only started to notice it when I started to read about all the vibration issues on this site. Regardless, I would like to know all the fixes that people have had performed on their trucks that have eliminated/helped the problem. That way for all the people who are looking for answers on what to tell their dealers/techs they will be better educated on telling them what the problem might be. Personally I think that there a multiple reasons for the vibrations and not just one common problem. So a different fix may be required for a different 2004 F-150 owner. I know that all of you have probably talked/listened more than you want to about the vibration issue, but lets make this an informative post rather than one that argues the vibration issue.

Thanks to everyone, good luck with your trucks, I still LOVE my F-150.

RK

Old 07-06-2004, 03:14 PM
wamsleyb
Freshman User
Mine was an out of balance driveshaft. The dealer re-balanced it (a simple automotive clamp) and she is smooth again. I will take that fix over anything, they also re-balanced the wheels but that did not fix the problem till they got to the driveshaft.

Brian

Old 07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
groyer
New User
I agree that there are multiple vibration issues. My truck has about 1500 miles on it and it doesn't have the 40-60 mph or steering wheel nibble vibes (yet). However, I do have the body shudder that occurs when driving over bumps. In a previous thread I inquired about a dampener that Ford came out with for this particular vibration. The part number 4l3z5d008aa Ford Part Description = Damper Assy. Rear Frame attaches to the back of the rear left leaf spring assy. I have a service appt this Friday to have one installed. I will let you know if this helps my vibe issue.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:07 PM
jimmybl
Junior User
The only other fix i have heard of was changing the drive shaft angle from 3Deg. to 1 Deg. this was done with a simple wedge under the lifting blocks where the axle and spring assy. is bolted on by the big U bolts. A 4X4 shop recomended this to me once also.