Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2002, 08:09 AM
New User

MagicPinstripes is starting off with a positive reputation.
1995 Ford Explorer XLT Radio/CD Player Question

Hey all,

First time forum user. I was wondering what options I have to get a CD player installed in my truck. I currently have a Radio/Tape deck but there is no sign of a possible CD changer hookup. Since I have over 315,000 kms on the truck, I'm not looking at anything expensive and I was thinking of either getting a used Factory CD console or the CD changer if my truck has that option. Is there any way to check? Also, how do I remove the molding to remove the current head unit?

Thanks in advance,

Evan
Old 09-30-2002, 01:37 PM
Senior User

borland is starting off with a positive reputation.

Go to a Ford dealer and ask the parts guy what part numbers work with your model.

Then off to eBay for a used stereo.

Then off to Walmart, or any place that sells car stereo adapters and pick up a DIN radio removal tool. They are only a few bucks. You don't need to remove the plastic trim on the 95'.

borland
Old 09-30-2002, 03:47 PM
Elder User

topo4u2 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hi Evan,
What kind of shape is your Explorer in? I just picked up a 95XLT with 222,000km in not too bad shape. Where is Trent Univ? We live in Eastern Ontario.

Mike: 1995 Explorer XLT,4.0 litre, 3.73 non-slip.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:15 PM
New User

MagicPinstripes is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hey Mike,

Outside, aside from a bit of rust and some hood scratches, she's not in bad shape. There's a ding on the left side of the rear hatch by the flip-out glass. In addition, the moulding on the left running board is loosening. Inside is a different story. It's a lot worse. The interior has a lot of stains on the carpet in both the front and the back. The upholstery is in good condition and all the power options work like a charm, which is good. I bought some carpet cleaner and I'm detailing her this week in my spare time. The difference between the carpeting under the mats and the surrounding area is ridiculous. Mechanically she's in good shape except for two noticeable problems. The car shimmys when breaking at highway speeds. I thought it would be the rotors, but they look fine. Also, the tranny seems to "clunk" hard if you take your foot off the accelerator really fast. Other then that, she's good to go. Trent University is in Peterborough.

Regards,

Evan Paul Mallin
History and Geography
Trent University
Old 09-30-2002, 04:37 PM
New User

Forester is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 09-30-2002, 04:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator

Tags
1995, 2002, 95, 99, aftermarket, cd, changer, explorer, ford, player, radio, radiocd, remove, replace, truck, xlt