Notices

Peragon bed cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:45 AM
ELKELK
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was sent the wrong year bed cover. After struggling with it for 3 months, and numerous tech called, was told it was the wrong year. The return policy was oppressive (20% restocking free, i pay the freight each way)--$320. They sent me new rails, supposedly to fit the 2008. Never worked, rollers kept falling off the rails, leaks like a sive, and no way to fix it. I am not interested in more telephone fixes.

It seems to me if a company makes a mistake, they should stand behind their product and should refund their money. Buyer beware.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 PM
MattyNJ
Senior User
That cover looks like a POS to begin with....I see a hundred design flaws just looking at it, and (to me) it seems, not even an option.....

This is a MUCH better design although Im sure may still leak

http://www.rolltopcover.com/customerphotos-ford.htm

Last edited by MattyNJ; 11-28-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 994 Posts
I too have the Parigon cover. I have mixed feeings about it, but all-in-all, it did exactly what I wanted it to. I did have to do some modifications that should have been done from the factory, but it has been a pretty much dry bed until recently when I ripped one of the rubber seals (not the fault of the manufacturer). Even now, it does not get really wet, but there is a leak that would require replacement of some of the panels. I have had this cover on since just a few months after I purchased the truck (Aug 2005), so it HAS seen some pretty good service. At the time of purchase, there were NOT many (if any) other options for a heavy duty folding cover.

If it were TODAY, I THINK I would opt for one of the newly designed folding covers rather than this one, but as I said, at the time there weren't many choices. Even today, I will not remove this one just to stop the little leak I have nor replace it just because someone came up with a "better" cover.

See pics in my gallery.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:58 AM
waorgany
Junior User
After reading this thread, along with my own research across the web and talking with others who ahev other manufactures covers, I think that I am going to go with teh Retrax cover. It meets my needs, (cover the bed, and not interfer with my fifth wheel hitch), is not priced too high. I agree that not many if any of these covers a totally water proof and if that is what you wnat you will need to go to a solid fibergalss type cover. But if you want the flexability of being abel to use your bed, and still keep things covered as needed then the roll type covers such as Pace Edwards or Retrax are the way to go.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:32 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
I can't argue with the recommendation of a Retrax - from my research - couple of weeks looking at every cover website I could find, they're top of the line in the retractable field. Problem I faced is they were way outside my budget ($900+). I finally settled on the BakFlip ($635). It's a hard cover with 4 sections that fold. You can fold one section, 2,3 or all four if you need full use of your bed. Installation was a snap and took about an hour. It's low profile and looks great on my truck. It also locks with my locking tailgate. And, unlike the Retrax and other "roll up" retractables, this one folds completely against your back glass. There is no canister to take up space in the front of the bed.

I have to admit I've not had it out in the rain yet so I can't speak to water tightness, but if you need use of your bed AND want a hard cover, I'd sure suggest you take a look at this one.

We did run into one snafu on installation. When finished we had three pieces of weather stripping left and not a clue on the written instructions what to do with them. It was a Friday afternoon and no one was in at the company I bought it from. A further web search turn up a You Tube video that provided the answer - they're used to attach to the last section so that when completely folded against the back window of the cab, the cover won't scratch the glass.

Overall (pending rain) I'm thrilled with it!

Forgot to note that it can also be easily removed with the release of just two wing nuts.

Last edited by silver lariat; 12-09-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added on note on additional feature
Old 12-26-2007, 04:06 PM
salda01
New User
This is great thread... Anybody wonder why Peragon hasn't posted for sometime now? Also if their product is so great shouldn't they post all reviews to their site, not just the positive ones? You can post good and bad reviews on BestBuy.com or Zales.com or CampingWorld.com. If the product is so great the good will completely out weight the bad.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:52 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
As an addendum to my previous post, I've now had the bakflip for not quite a month. I've driven it thru soaking rains and the inside of the bed stays nice and dry. I had to haul a pallet load of fence pickets last week. Simply folded the cover up completely against the rear glass, set the support arms in place and went merrily along with the loading and transport and unloading of the pickets. Still in love with the BakFlip though I've noticed I need to adjust one of the clamps holding itin place as the locking mechanizm on one corner is not working quite right. Easy fix.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:03 PM
PrimeTom77
New User
Wow!!!I almost ordered one these today So what should I get a Pace Edward's Cover?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
salda01
New User
I installed a Retrax a couple of weekend ago. I'm happy with it so far. Complete installation took about 2 1/2 hours for two people. Retrax claims about 1 to 1 1/2 hour which is correct for the actual install. It's the fine tuning that took the extra time. Directions were clear and I'm happy with it. After reading many different post on many different forums (RV.net, this one, and ford-trucks.com) the Retrax seems to be what I was looking for. Also, no drilling of holes.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:15 PM
PrimeTom77
New User
I like that Bakflip it doesn't seem too take away any of the bed space anybody on here have one?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
Read my earlier posts. I've had mine just since Nov when I bought the truck, but I love it.
Here it is. Super easy install.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM
PrimeTom77
New User
OK thanks looks good too!!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM
KEVIN9164
New User
I Bought A Peragon Bed Cover, I Agree With Other Poster, It Is A Pos, . The Owners Claim To Be Good Christians. If Youare Not Happy With The Cover, There Is A 20 Percent Restocking Fee, Which Is Hidden Very Well On Their Site. They Also Charge You For The Shipping To Your Address Which Is Overpriced, I Used The Same Shipper Fedex Groung And It Cost Me 78.00 To Send It Back And I Do Not Get The Bulk Discount That They Get. I Am Contesting With My Credit Card Now. On Their Website, All Pictures Taken From An Angle To Hide The Frame Work That Is Flimsy And Taled Up About A Foot And A Half Of Your Bed. The Rollers Started To Rust After 2days On The Truck. I Packed This Thing Up So Fast And Returned It. I Did Not Retun It Simply Because I Changed My Mind, I Returned It Because It Was A Piece Of Crap. Most Good Companies Have 100 Percent Satisfaction Guarantee. I Wonder How Much Money This Company Is Making On Returned Product. Also How Much Money Is Being Made, Because Most People Don't Have The Time To Go Through The Hassle Of Returning.

Do Not Buy This Product, At Least Try To Find Somebody Who Has One And Look At It Before Buying.

Most Reputable Tonneau Cover Comapies Have Dealers Who Install Them. This Company Does Not Have Dealers, Because The Dealers Don't Want To Deal With The Complants.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
salda01
New User
I looked at the Bakflip too, but I liked the idea of stopping the cover anyplace along the rails that I chose. I really don't use the bed of my truck for hauling anything other than a 5th wheel hitch, so space wasn't a concern of mine. If I really need to I could remove the Retrax store it up right and reinstall.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:22 AM
jefflbny
New User
Peragon Bed Cover

W A R N I N I N G

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

I purchased this product Jan 31, 2008 and have had nothing but problems with the cover. In the online video from Peragon's web site, it clearly shows a man pushing down easily with his left hand and pushing the cover forward with his right hand. There is NO way that can be done. It takes considerable force with two hands pushing down to overcome the pressure of the struts. When you do retract the cover it slips off the track about 50% of the time. If you watch the video closely there do not appear to either be struts installed or if there are struts installed they are not functioning. I contacted Peragon on 6/3/08 and wanted to return the cover. They called me back and informed me that they do not take returns after 4 month. How convenient. I have ordered a Retrax bed cover, actually saw on installed on someones truck. Very smooth operation, very nice. Again buyer beware with Peragon, I will take mine off and to the scrape yard with it, I wonder what the price of aluminum scrape these days.

Quick Reply: Peragon bed cover