Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2004, 10:16 AM
jpsartre12 jpsartre12 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit Subs
Posts: 1,341
jpsartre12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cruisin in SE Michigan

Yesterday Eastpointe had its annual "Eastpointe Gratiot Cruise" from 3-8PM. There were lots of great looking cars and trucks in the cruise. I was wondering if any FTE members made the ride.
The BIG CRUISE, the Woodward Dream Cruise, isn't until August, but this one was a good opportunity for me to see how well my 94 Z28 stroker handles the stop and go traffic for long times (>1 hour per 2-3 mile pass). The bizarre thing is that it actually cools at an idle. It runs ~189 at a slow cruise and 181 at a dead stop. I added a transcooler (rated at 28,000GVW) last weekend to handle the excess heat build up from the high stall convertor. It's all good now.
__________________
Bumper sticker of the year:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier

1991 Club Wagon XLT - Tow Vehicle
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2004, 01:39 PM
SpareTime SpareTime is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Motor City
Posts: 120
SpareTime is starting off with a positive reputation.
I live pretty much at 9 and Gratiot - I didn't drive the Excursion in the cruise - but I was there......
__________________
2002 eXcursion Limited Ultimate 4X4 - V10
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2004, 07:12 PM
jpsartre12 jpsartre12 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit Subs
Posts: 1,341
jpsartre12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareTime
I live pretty much at 9 and Gratiot - I didn't drive the Excursion in the cruise - but I was there......
I cruise Gratiot occasionally. If you see a loud, radical-sounding red fourth gen Z28 with a single 4" exhaust pipe, dash mounted tach and scanmaster, that's me.
__________________
Bumper sticker of the year:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier

1991 Club Wagon XLT - Tow Vehicle
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2004, 09:09 AM
lotion lotion is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8
lotion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Speaking of dream cruise, make sure to stop by the front of Spiralz Jewelry store (right across the old theater on old woodward, next to max and ermas). There will be an orange Crawford Daytona Prototype owned by The Spirit of Daytona Racing team. But don't tell.. that's a secret.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2004, 06:08 PM
jpsartre12 jpsartre12 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit Subs
Posts: 1,341
jpsartre12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotion
Speaking of dream cruise, make sure to stop by the front of Spiralz Jewelry store (right across the old theater on old woodward, next to max and ermas). There will be an orange Crawford Daytona Prototype owned by The Spirit of Daytona Racing team. But don't tell.. that's a secret.
Cool. I'll be there in my red 94Z28 w/ Weld Draglites, skinnys and slicks; my son will be there in his blue 94Z28 w/roll cage and the works and my two buddies will be there with their cars. One with a spectacular Ford Cobra Kit car and one with a 85 blown Lingenfelter Corvette.
__________________
Bumper sticker of the year:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier

1991 Club Wagon XLT - Tow Vehicle
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2004, 09:08 AM
lotion lotion is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8
lotion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsartre12
Cool. I'll be there in my red 94Z28 w/ Weld Draglites, skinnys and slicks; my son will be there in his blue 94Z28 w/roll cage and the works and my two buddies will be there with their cars. One with a spectacular Ford Cobra Kit car and one with a 85 blown Lingenfelter Corvette.
That's awesome! Father and son matching vehicles. The family that owns the racecar has a collection of Trans Ams. The fathers pride is a 74, white, 455 H.O. shaker, and custom painted wheels, in absolute perfect shape. The son has a 72, blue with a white stripe, 455 H.O. Shaker in decent shape (almost perfect exterior and interior, working drivetrain.. needs some work though). Hopefully they'll stick me in one of their cars (possibly a Wheel to Wheel custom Corvette) but if not, I'll be in a 1986 F150 XLT Lariat Explorer, red with the chrome trim and gibson exhaust or a 1971 MG B Convertible fully restored, metalfleck silver with a roll bar. The dream cruise is most definitely my favorite time of year.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2004, 02:13 PM
SpareTime SpareTime is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Motor City
Posts: 120
SpareTime is starting off with a positive reputation.
jpsartre12 -

I'll keep an eye out for ya.....

I'm kinda hard to miss - Watch for a tan Excursion - There's a couple in the area, I'm the one with the big ol' mirrors and a silver NAFC sticker on the back window.

See ya on gratiot sometime...
__________________
2002 eXcursion Limited Ultimate 4X4 - V10
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2004, 04:43 PM
jpsartre12 jpsartre12 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit Subs
Posts: 1,341
jpsartre12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotion
That's awesome! Father and son matching vehicles. The family that owns the racecar has a collection of Trans Ams. The fathers pride is a 74, white, 455 H.O. shaker, and custom painted wheels, in absolute perfect shape. The son has a 72, blue with a white stripe, 455 H.O. Shaker in decent shape (almost perfect exterior and interior, working drivetrain.. needs some work though). Hopefully they'll stick me in one of their cars (possibly a Wheel to Wheel custom Corvette) but if not, I'll be in a 1986 F150 XLT Lariat Explorer, red with the chrome trim and gibson exhaust or a 1971 MG B Convertible fully restored, metalfleck silver with a roll bar. The dream cruise is most definitely my favorite time of year.
Yeah, we not only have matching cars, but soon we'll have similar performing cars. Mine has a 396 stroker and he's building a secret motor to blow my doors off. We already gutted his interior, HVAC, wiring, dash, etc., in an effort to lighten his up and get it ready for the 9's.
My interior is bone stock, including a working AC and power seats....and I'm going to give him a good run for his money when he's ready. All I need is to hook up the bottle.
__________________
Bumper sticker of the year:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier

1991 Club Wagon XLT - Tow Vehicle
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup