Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2005, 07:47 PM
New User

pearlwhitebabe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile thats kool

i wanted to put a blow off valve too so that i can woop all the ricers around my hood, cause theirs alot of them. plus a badass truck stands out like a viper among crxs. i want my truck to be known by everyone casue it wooped a ricer car. the leading truck here is a lightning that smoked a stricktly drag race monte carlo, this car had slicks and everything and the lightning beat it by three car spaces. thats awsome. can u tell me about a place near dallas tx were i can get a manifold done for my truck.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:46 PM
New User

ok tanx but now another thing

i have read about all these other people who changed the computer on their trucks. are they referring to the engine module and what effect does it have on the engine from a completely stock set up. which one would u recomend and wat things will it change on my truck. tanx for ur help.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Senior User

fastback69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got a computer out of a '95 bronco with a 351W and E4OD because it's mass-air and supported by Tweecer. www.tweecer.com I had to change about 5 things in the program to make the computer run a 6 cylinder. I went this route so I can custom tune the computer to my mods. The pre-96 300 computers aren't supported by any tuner that I know of. The aftermarket computers are expensive, complicated, or missing features (trans control). The '96 computers are supported by the superchips SCT system which is a little more expensive than the Tweecer. The part number for the computer is F5TF-12A650-BYA with a program code of BIO0. You can also use a p/n: F8TF-12A650-NA / ACK0 computer with Tweecer. I hope to get it converted sometime this winter.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 PM
New User

kool

tanx but i wouldnt know how to mess with a computer so i would rather not mess with it. do u know how much it would cost to buy one for that engine and which brand i should buy.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Senior User

fastback69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You could get a computer, complete engine harness, and MAF meter from a '96 F150 and have it tuned with the Superchips Custom Tuner software. I think that's what BigBlockCapri460 did to his turbo 300. I would still go with an aftermarket blow through MAF, though. If the airflow through the stock meter goes over the max voltage (pegs the meter), then the computer will use preprogrammed voltages that may cause a severe lean-out. www.turbomustangs.com has lots of good info on turbo's, engine combos, etc, and http://tweecer.oplnk.net has lots of info on the inner workings of the EEC system.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Freshman User

turbo300six is starting off with a positive reputation.
Numbers And Updates

Hello everyone, It's been a long time since I've been on but I have some new info...I finally have put the Megasquirt fuel controller on and tuned in to where its half way OK...I also started a new job at a company called DynoJet. Anyway my new job gives me access to a dyno and I just did a few runs this evening. My best run was 227.36 HP and 428Ft.Lbs at 3000 RPM. I still am battling a detonation problem with 11PSI of boost and 21 degrees of timing advance. My fuel map is setup very rich to try to use fuel for cooling..The next project is to get my water injection running and control it with the megasquirt. If I drop to 8PSI of boost the detonation completely goes away but so does probably 20% of HP and Torque. Also I am going to get my pictures up and running again on my new website tonight so the link will work again with all the pics... I''ve also purchased another turbo and am thinking about building a complete bolt on kit including the Fuel Controller. Ironically when installing the fuel controller no wires need to be cut on the factory harness..If I were to put together such a kit would anyone be interested and how much do you all think it would be worth?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 PM

Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Are you using spark plugs that are 1-2 heat ranges colder than stock?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Freshman User

You know...thats a good point...I Haven't done anything with spark plug heat ranges. I will have to give that a try...
Old 09-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Posting Guru

444dieselrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo300six
21 degrees of timing advance.
The next project is to get my water injection running and control it with the megasquirt. If I drop to 8PSI of boost the detonation completely goes away but so does probably 20% of HP and Torque.
Isn't that possibly the problem??? retard the timing a lil as the boost goes up. does that do anything???

The water will raise the boost numbers a bit, but you should gain ground with the cooling effect of the water. I think it will work for ya. works great of diesel.

Cool project, keep it coming.
'99 Jetta TDI, 5-SPD.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:38 AM
New User

Clayton2021 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd be interested in a kit of some kind, i just don't have the time to custom fab turbo headers. I'm still trying to get all of my stuff together for this project, looking to have it done by next feb.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Junior User

BigBlockCapri460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
try Autolite AR33,
the next step is to reshape the chamber
Old 11-13-2005, 01:37 AM
Freshman User

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd give everyone an update on my 300-6 turbo project. I have installed a Dynojet wide band commander and dialed in the mega squirt controller fairly well with the exception of a lean condition at lower rpm's. I would have to say that a wide band gauge is an absolute must for proper tuning. click here to take a look at the new pics. http://www.performancechat.com/turbo4.9.htm
Old 11-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Posting Guru

Motorhead351 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For some reason your link doesn't wanna work...is it just me?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Junior User

BigBlockCapri460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
try a cut & paste
Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
New User

Smile about the turbo kit

hey turbo300 if u were to build a complete kit i would be interested. But i am not sure how much i could afford to pay for it. i would have to talk to u more personally when u got it together. But also if i was to buy it from you i would have to be certain that nothing would go wrong with it as i only have one everyday truck. If u got it together, would it have everything needed to get it running or would i have to get other stuff made for it. tanks for ur time and hope to here from u soon.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection

Tags
250, 300, dimensions, f150, ford, hard, inline, kits, pulses, relocation, starts, tfi, throttle, turbo, www