Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

500hp lightning..fact or fiction?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 07:56 AM
KING SADDIST
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope they don't make this truck...'Cause I would like to keep my driver's license for a little while longer....

Old 07-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Alton Ray
Junior User
No joke. I drive to fast as it is.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Do any of you guy's have credible facts from Ford about these 500 hp models?? I mean, from anything that I've ever read from what has been posted about it have all been opinion articles from second hand reviewers. I'm just saying... Ford hasn't said anything about what will be offered on the next L, and that so far, it's all hearsay.

BRING US FACTS FROM CREDIBLE SOURCES!

Old 07-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Alton Ray
Junior User
We're all going off of what we have seen and read about the L concept. Check out the link below to read for your self. And next time atleast search the web for some facts before you say anything about others not having any.

http://www.svt.ford.com/conceptLabLightning.asp

Old 07-14-2004, 03:58 PM
fordification
Senior User
True, the autoweek article is the only known fact.

I think there going about it the right way. And the Lightning could stand to lose some weight. Seems that Dodge and Chevy just keep throwing cubes to get the power (8.3L/6.0L). And the new L will not have the GT engine. Not sure on the exact cost but it's most likely around a $35k engine, atleast. I'm thinking the DOHC 5.4 will get a hp boost up to ~450hp, and drop to a weight of 4200lbs(from 4600). That should be enough for atleast an extra 7mph, to claim the "Fastest truck" title.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Alton Ray
We're all going off of what we have seen and read about the L concept. Check out the link below to read for your self. And next time atleast search the web for some facts before you say anything about others not having any.

First off... chill. Second, I didn't ask for a picture and a discription of a concept vehicle. Look at the other 1000+ concept vehicles that have been designed, and what... maybe 5-8% of the total, end up being atleast 70% of the stuff on the concept. All I am saying, is that all of this is speculation on saying that the L will have this... will have that... and sure, they're going to lighten it up, seems like it get's lighter every year (or a little more power to compensate).

Old 07-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by *************
True, the autoweek article is the only known fact.

Thank you for not being offended and handling this maturely.

Wonder why it's taking his name out of that quote??

Old 07-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Alton Ray
Junior User
Originally Posted by Traxxis
First off... chill. Second, I didn't ask for a picture and a discription of a concept vehicle. Look at the other 1000+ concept vehicles that have been designed, and what... maybe 5-8% of the total, end up being atleast 70% of the stuff on the concept. All I am saying, is that all of this is speculation on saying that the L will have this... will have that... and sure, they're going to lighten it up, seems like it get's lighter every year (or a little more power to compensate).

I clearly stated that we were going off of a concept description, and of late ford has been modeling their production vehicles after their well engineered concept cars. And also, this entire thread was simply discussing whether or not the production version of the L would closely resemble the concept and what features might change. I apologize for the 'facts' comment I didn't intend to come across as hot-headed. Guess I was just in one of those moods. As far as my opinion on the new L. I really think that SVT will do alot more than just lighten things up and add a little power. I think they are ready to take back over the title of 'Fastest Production Truck'. We are gonna see totally different truck.

AR

Old 07-15-2004, 12:20 PM
fordification
Senior User
Originally Posted by Traxxis
they're going to lighten it up, seems like it get's lighter every year (or a little more power to compensate).

Every year? 1st gen was 4480, 2nd was 4690.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Alton Ray
Junior User
That maybe true but hey man you gotta remember there was a jump of 100 ponies from 95 to 99.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:07 PM
NightReaver
Senior User

this is what I got

http://www.svt.ford.com/newsConceptLight.asp

Old 07-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Alton Ray
Junior User
Originally Posted by NightReaver
Yeah, they have alot of the same info.

Old 07-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I am sorry, let me rephrase that, either they get a few pounds shaved off, or a few more ponies instead. My bad.

I apologize for the 'facts' comment I didn't intend to come across as hot-headed. Guess I was just in one of those moods.
My bad, I too was in one of those moods too. Let us not divide a great site over something so trivial, but yet be one brotherhood in this great world... hehe... in other words, I appologize.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:00 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
they have a concept lightning that has 500hp. the Ford GT is going up to 550hp. i heard some tumors that it might make it to the new lightning but nothing deffinet. i am sure what ever SVT comes out with it will be affordable and powerful. one of the things they have been pushing is the price of the current lightning to the Ram SRT and how much more bag for the buck the lightning is.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Alton Ray
Junior User
What are the SRT 10s going for? I thought they were pretty comparable in price to the L. I guess I will look it up but just incase I don't find anything tell us what you seen/heard. Thanks, AR

Quick Reply: 500hp lightning..fact or fiction?