Why'd you hide my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:12 PM
chrisflock
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why'd you hide my truck?

why did you hide my gallery? It's pictures of my truck! It says that the main forum is to showcase ford trucks, and that's what I did.

Chris

Old 06-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Your album is only hidden from the main gallery page.
It isn't hidden from public view.

There is a thread (stuck to the top of the forum) with a list of guideline's for user gallery content in the user gallery forum where your question was answered before you asked it.

We hope that user's make themselves FULLY aware of the operation of FTE by reading the web site related forums.

This thread will be moved there as well.

Old 06-12-2004, 12:59 AM
chrisflock
New User
All it says on the page when you start your gallery is that you can only post pictures of ford trucks, suvs, and vans. If you are going to exclude pictures of ford trucks that are still being worked on, it should really say it there, and then I would never have bothered uploading them.

I see several other galleries that are labeled "before" and such things, or that show the "current state of my project." What exactly is the diffence between those galleries and mine? In the list of why galleries would be hidden it lists tech photos and project photos, but what exactly constitutes either? None of my pictures were actually of me working on the truck, just pics showing the condition it is in now.

I think that the whole "project" photo thing is probably why my gallery was hidden, but what does project mean? Who's truck isn't a project? I can see if I was posting some step-by-step pics of the repair procedure, that would get hidden because you don't want it clogging up the whole gallery.

Chris

Old 06-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Chris -

If click on my name and view my gallery or look at the very bottom of my profile, you can see my project truck just as I can see yours. It's only hidden if someone is viewing the thousands of truck galleries from the main gallery page.

One thing you can do if you really want your truck on that main gallery is upload a photo of your truck whole and make it the first photo in your album. I don't really see a point in that though since I personally don't take the time to go through those photos. I only view the galleries of the users that I can relate to - things like the older trucks, project trucks, people hanging out in the Paint & Body forum or whatever user catches my attention.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:35 AM
chrisflock
New User
Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Old 06-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I have to go thru those galleries and loading a picture into the first spot won't work when I find it. I will make it a hidden gallery again or if I have hidden it before it gets deleted the second time around.

I can only look at so many galleries per day so I miss some. I will find them eventually.

Any album with the majority of the pics showing incomplete vehicles/parts etc gets hidden from the main gallery listing.

This forum has some good guidelines posted by Dennis re galleries that might make a good read.