Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Freshman User

rhicks_all_taken is starting off with a positive reputation.
propane injection

Hello Everyone,

I have an 87 f-350 with a 6.9l, banks turbo and a zf 5 speed. I do alot of up hill towing and was think about getting a propane injection systemfrom ATS.

I welcome anyone thoughts. What ae the goods and bads? will it cause greater wear on the engine? How well do they work? I was told they increase gas mileage, but does it out way the cost of the propane?

Thanks in adavance
Old 06-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Junior User

powershotone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check out a Powershot 2000 system as well, boost proportionate flow, will give you more drive able power, due to the limited amount of boost the 6.9's with the aftermarket turbo makes. It is also more ecomomical on propane usage, as it is not not always on or always off, but flowing in proportion to your boost. More like throttle controlled power, and much easier for towing.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Freshman User

Rikc1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also would recommend the Powershot 2000 system. I will be installing one on my 97' this fall. To save time bump-up to the 94.5 and later forum do a search on propane. There is alot of info on all sort of systems and effects.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Freshman User

rhicks_all_taken is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I just checked out the system online looks pretty good.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:41 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
69l, ford, injection, propane