2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your mods and intentions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are your mods and intentions?

I enjoy this forum more every day. It is a wealth of information and it's interesting to see what each individual is doing with his 2004 F150. Some people like chrome, some like graphics, some like 4x4 rugged off road and camping. So I'm wondering what mods you've done to your truck and what are your future plans for the long term shape of your truck? Here's my game plan:

One thing I've become aware of about my White Lariat supercab (and I'm hoping to have a gallery shortly) is it is a very purty truck. Actually a little too pretty for me. I like good looking trucks, but tough looking trucks. With my Toreador Red truck, it was no problem. It looked mean and sinister. This one looks ritzy and glitzy. I need to "ugly" it up a bit. My other objective is comfort. I want to maximize the comfort of this truck to the best of my ability and knowledge. This forum will help me on both these objectives.

Mods achieved:

Floor mats ordered and on the way. I went with the Llyods heaveyweights 48oz. I went a bit radical and ordered Burgandy color, even though I have a tan interior. It's a full coverage mat for front and back and I'll put my current tan mats on top until they wear down replace later.

Tinting: done today. WOW!!! My AC works great here in Tucson, but I was unaware of how much heat was being let in by the two big windows and windshield. Now the AC is so cold I have to turn it down shortly after it starts. Plus it moves my truck towards my "tougher" look. Especially the strip on top of the windshield. Again, WOW!!!!

Mods planned:

Bull Bar; I'm not sure if you can put a bull bar on a 4x2, but I'd like to for a tougher meaner look. I'm having a raging debate about this with my friends. They demand I get a chrome one to match the chrome on my Lariat. I want black for that uglier tougher look.

Paint grill or new grill: I've decided to either paint my current gold honeycomb grille black or replace it with a black aftermarket. Will continure researching.

Graphix on tailgate: The tailgate is too white and too bland. Need the perfect look for it.

Bedliner: Linex, RHINO, Speedliner, Superliner, or some other spray on is probably what I'll opt for even though the Dual Comp drop in is tempting. Plus I intend to spray the wheel wells and underside of the truck.

Dash kit: Changing out the wood look in the Lariat. Probably go with Black marble.

Steering wheel cover: Probably go with Wheelskins and a Burgandy color to match my off beat Floor Mats.

Dash mat cover: Need to do more research on. Not a sure thing to do.

Lift or lower kit: Still haven't decided which way to go. I thought I had decided on the lower the back, but will put this off to a later date. Actually the "*** in the air" look is becoming the minority look. Everyone seems to have level trucks these days.

Soundproofing: When finished having the widows tinted I asked the salesguy about soundproofing. He went up to my truck and rapped on the doors. Very hollow sounding. Then we went to his car and rapped on the back doors. Very hollow sounding. Then we rapped on his front doors. VERY solid sounding. I intend to completely maximize the soundproofing on this truck from head to toe. We looked at the soundproof mat under the hood and it is a joke (and what a weak hood, btw). This is a must.

Others: I'll add others when I think of them.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:08 PM
NightReaver
Senior User
Here is my below: (Pic and Description)

2004 F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4 (True Blue = Color)
5.4L 3Valve V8
3.73 Limited Slip Rear end
6" Procomp Suspension Lift
Double Show Aluminum Billit Grill
Chorme Tubular (Ford) Running Boards
18x9.5 American Racing Wheels
Toyo 325x60xR18 All Terrain Tires
6 Disc In Dash CD Changer
40x20x40 Split Bench Up Front
Graphite and Flint Interior
Tow Package

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:
Plan to add (Research pending)
After market sound system w/ proofing
(Cold air) intake
Headers
Full exhaust
invest in HyperTech Power Programmer
Possibaly overhead DVD setup for my son (He's 6 months old but by the time i get it......)

Old 06-10-2004, 04:28 PM
04SilverSCFX4
Senior User
I'm going for a capabe hunting/trail vehicle. So far, most of my add-ons are to protect the integrity of the interior/exterior. Next round I'll go with the rancho suspension lift, 17" rims w/35" MTR's. That's the best part of being deployed, when you return you have the extra cash to burn.

2004 FX4 Supercab
5.4 3V, 3.73LS, Goodyear AT/S(will work for now), tow package
Aftermarket:
EXT: spray-in liner, UWS toolbox, Westin Grill Guard, Tech-tubes nerf bars
INT: Husky-liner floor mats, Cabela's Universal fit seat covers (most don't like them)
FUTURE: Rancho suspension lift, 17" Mojave rims, 35/12.5 MTR's, Flowmaster exhaust, Volant Cold-air

** see gallery for pics **

Old 06-10-2004, 04:45 PM
xtreme1
Senior User
Ultimately i would like to lift mine and put bigger tires but i am hesitant cuz of gas mileage. My first mod is going to be change the wood grain to the black burlwood like found in the denali. The brown just clashes with black interior.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:50 PM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Talking

All I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth

Old 06-10-2004, 04:54 PM
04SilverSCFX4
Senior User
F150Texan,

That's hilarious, where did you pick that up. MY brother just had his daughter and that would be perfect.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:58 PM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Talking

Originally Posted by 04SilverSCFX4
F150Texan,

That's hilarious, where did you pick that up. MY brother just had his daughter and that would be perfect.
From here, pretty humurous to browse through

Redneck Photos

Old 06-10-2004, 09:58 PM
PhrEEkSh0w
Senior User
Nice Ride NightReaver!

Current Mods: Flowmaster Exhaust, Ford Black Tubular Running Boards
Future Mods: Tint Windows, Air Intake, Wheels

Old 06-10-2004, 10:11 PM
zer0cool
Senior User
Very little done at this point, tinted the front windows, got some clear floormats over the light color carpet, put in a ford Bed Mat, and a Lighted "Ford" hitch cover. Want to add some nerf bars and add some punch to the stereo (I've got the regular 6-disc, not the Audiophile). I'd like to drop the rear an inch or two, probably with the Belltech kit, but I've got no mechanical skills. Anybody got a suggestion of a chain type of garage/tire store that would be willing to do that kind of work?

Old 06-11-2004, 02:16 AM
asinatra
Senior User

Current
  • Ground Force 2" / 5" Lowering Kit
  • Avenue 20" av2's
  • Cooper Discoverer H/T M+S
  • F-150 All Weather Floor Mats
  • Keyless Entry Pad (Hidden )
Planned
  • Window Tinting
  • Billet Push Locks
  • Lariat Chrome Grill Surrounding

Old 06-11-2004, 02:30 AM
rsadajar
Freshman User
Talking

Sweet truck nightreaver...and that's an awesome pacifier! haha

i've had my S-cab FX4 for 2 weeks and although i don't have pics posted yet, it looks like this right now:

- Black Ford Tubular running boards
- Line-x spray on bed liner
- 6-disc cd changer
- heated side mirrors, auto dimming rear-view mirror
- reverse sensors
- Flowmaster, single in dual out w/ 3.5" tips

here's what i want:

- 3 or 4 inch suspension lift
- tint the front windows, tint the back windows more
- nice bigger and wider tires with mean-lookin teeth
- upgrade component speakers and add a subwoofer and amp
- some aftermarket intake (not sure which brand yet)
- a nice mastercraft boat to tow along

Old 06-11-2004, 06:49 AM
ieee_raider
Senior User
Mods - Bugshield, but removed due to vibration.
Ran hidden wiring for radar detector.

Future - Mudflaps (on order)
Front Window Tint... what % did anyone use to match the rear?
Color-keyed honey-comb grill... maybe? Anyone tried this?
Flowmaster Exhaust
Cold air intake (not sure which one yet)
Boat...

Old 06-11-2004, 07:59 AM
fatman66
Senior User
I've got so many plans to mod my new truck but just not enough free cash to do it... So far all I have done is small functional stuff like catch-all extreme floormats and window vent visors as well as a locking pin and hitch cover for ther trailer hitch. I'll be adding line-x or rhino liner sometime this month. My long term ideas are to add: tonneau cover, replace the gas door cover, upgrade the exhaust (undecieded on system or brand), intake of some sort, some tasteful looking 17'' wheels and maybe some better tires, perhaps a performance tune, and an MP3 CD player.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:08 AM
Cincy F150
Senior User
Mods:
Truxedo Lo-Pro tonneau cover
Magnaflow 14256 muffler & SS tip
20% window tint to match the rear window
Catch-All floor mats
Ford Duraliner bedliner

Planned:
Prodigy Trailer brake controller. Still looking at small RV trailer.
Centerline wheels and BFG AT KO's if they can ever fix the steering wheel nibble.
Can't decide which way to go to level the truck...
Possible rear shackle drop so the tires fill the wheelwells. Thought about taking out the rear 2" blocks but not sure about driveline angles?
Possible 2" front spacers to lift and level. Not sure about CV halfshafts angle and longevity?

Old 06-11-2004, 08:35 AM
SoCalSuperCrew
Junior User
Current:
Magnaflow exhaust
Stubbie radio antenna

Planned:
upgrade speakers to alpine type R and get an amp(this month)
Dealer installed procomp lift, tires, wheels and billet grill (keeps my warranty)
tinted windows
possibly mudflaps to keep my chrome exhaust tip clean
side steps
10" sub and video monitor
Intake

I have a lot planned.. hopefully I will get it all!!! Christmas needs to hurry up

Quick Reply: What are your mods and intentions?