General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Another great ebay auction

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Tuvanhillbilly
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RapidRuss
The following weekend he came home with a bottle of Some cheap wine.1 gal.. He told me.for my punishment ..I have to drink as much of this wine as I can.. Dad was smart..this stuff tasted like Koolade..I drank about half of it.. I had never been so sick..Im in my 50s now.. I didnt drink again til I was in my 20s on my own and in Viet Nam.... Sorry for the long post!! Russ
Sounds like something my dad would do. When I was little he used to smoke, but he never wanted me to take up the habit- even he thought it was a disgusting, unhealthy thing to do. So to make sure of that, he was gonna make me smoke a whole pack, inhaling deep each drag. I made it through about one and a half cigs before I turned green and threw up so hard I thought my stomach would come out. I never touched another ciggy or even desired one.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:24 PM
78f3504x4
Elder User
I can't believe his ps2 had over 628,000 hits on ebay. WOW

Old 06-10-2004, 07:42 PM
99 ranger bob
Elder User
first off i think selling the PS2 was a great idea and id do it myself to the kid ( im a parent of two teenagers 17 and 16 boy and girl respectively) Now yes this post deals with recouping the costs of the wine beer and horn which the boy should be forced to make good on. I am sure that the kid was also punished for his drinking and while that was a major part of the offense there, it is none of any of our businesses what that punishment was. The auction was to compensate the parents for their losses as a result of the sons stupidity, arrogance, etc. I dont think its all that fair for anyone to assume that the auction was the only punishment or there is any problem with what the parents did after they discovered the whole thing as there is simply not enough information as to what was done to him other than the auction.
When people assume they make a --- outta U and ME

Bravo to the parents who make their children suffer the consequences for their actions IM sure the parents who sold the dodge dually made the kid walk around or bum rides cause thats what my kid would do > Those are the parents i wanna shake the hands of its the dumb liberal parents of the world that yall should be griping about

Old 06-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Kenneth Brown
Freshman User
The ps2 had so many hits because it was posted on several forums. I seen it on Iboats and a few others.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:17 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
It seems someone doesn't agree with this mother's parenting style.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ADME:B:EF:AU:1

Old 06-24-2004, 01:29 PM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
Thats too funny rob

Old 06-24-2004, 01:33 PM
75Player
Senior User
Originally Posted by rob_nc

That's even better than the PS2 auction.....

Old 06-24-2004, 04:27 PM
drewcoolness99
Elder User
wow, only $6 in beer. and 120 in wine. I would rather have 120 in beer and no wine at all.

Old 06-24-2004, 04:33 PM
FordTruckFreeek
Senior User
lmao@ payment method:
I accept PayPal, Money Orders, Champagne & George Clooney as payment!!!

Free shipping & handling to confirmed email addresses!!!

Old 06-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Tadashi
Elder User
I think part of the problem is that kids nowdays are not taught responsibility. When I turned 11 I was given a check book (did not have ATMs back then). All my money from my jobs went there and any money I spent came from there. It really helped me learn to manage my money. I was making about $400 a week bagging groceries during the summer and $30 a week babysitting, mowing lawns, etc.

I guess in about 11 years I will have to figure out about how to keep my kid from drinking. Although I guess it helps we do not have any in the house other than a 12 oz bottle of cooking sherry (nasty stuff to drink to get drunk).

Last edited by Tadashi; 06-24-2004 at 04:38 PM. Reason: gramar
Old 06-24-2004, 05:32 PM
wahoo
Senior User
I've got a 12-year old with a Playstation too.

I think that this kid's mother knows her son better than any of us do and if selling the Playstation is what teaches him a lesson, then so be it. I've thrown the idea around a few times myself. Almost took a baseball to it one time but I maintained my composure.

For all the naysayers that object to selling his toy as a "parenting technique", I would like them to tell me what they have in mind for discipline.

Time out... give me a break

spanking.... yes, don't let the teacher, neighbor, or any other bleeding hearts find out about it.

grounding.... only thing he cares about is Playstation, unless it's soccer season

pay it off.... he still hasn't paid off the CD case (with 25 cd's in it) that he didn't ask permission to borrow and then "lost".

I'm sure this woman is upset about her kid drinking, but what do you think she do about it? Talk to him? check. Now what? It's part of our culture. I'm sure mine will do it too. I just hopes he waits a few years longer than I did and doesn't drink and drive.

Old 06-26-2004, 07:52 AM
highboy1975
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
that ebay auction is great. some of the things that my parents did when i was a kid were pretty harsh, but thats just humiliating. if i woulda done some of this stuff the kid did, i woulda got a serious **** whoopin. my parents always let me do my own thing, but if i screwed up, i payed the consequences. they didnt get me out of much. anything that i got, i earned, and i learned my lessons. sounds like the kid in the auction got what he deserved.

Old 06-26-2004, 11:47 AM
vcrisis311
Senior User
i think this is just a way to make people feel sorry for the seller in an attempt to raise prices

Old 06-26-2004, 11:58 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rob_nc

Anyone else notice that while they were insulting the other auctioneer about their spelling and grammer they forgot to include an "a" in EDUCATION??? Also think this person either doesn't know what commas are for or accidently hits the comma key after every word. If you're insulting a person about their grammer at least have the brains to get an editor to proofread your own handy work.

Anyway I think the auction was just a funny way of recouping some of the expenses from the childs adventures. I'm sure there was some real punishment that followed. The thing is ALL teenagers do this kind of stuff at some point, just not all of them are caught doing it. It's part of the learning experience as will the butt whooping be.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Andysutt
Postmaster
I live in AR... and I think I might know this kid!
haha I'll have to find out, but he deserves what he gets

Quick Reply: Another great ebay auction