State Chapter Membership Totals

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
State Chapter Membership Totals

Hows about a count of members from the new forum leaders?
Texas currently has 70 members as of this post.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:29 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
we have 28 current members, about 2/3rds active.

Old 06-08-2004, 05:18 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Started with 13 - up to 24 in NY! Noiw if there was a bit more activity it would be awesome!

Old 06-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
27 and growing! Eeeehaw!

Old 06-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Icicle
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not the forum leader, But we have 50, about half of whom post and about 10 of us that post regularly

Old 06-10-2004, 11:51 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Kansas is checking in with 63. Still active and growing though.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
I agree that activeness should be a part of the requirement to join a chapter. I was thinking of asking Webmaster to "un-join" anyone who does not post for longer than about 45 days. This way we all get a better indication as to how many folks really participate.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:59 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by krosati
I agree that activeness should be a part of the requirement to join a chapter. I was thinking of asking Webmaster to "un-join" anyone who does not post for longer than about 45 days. This way we all get a better indication as to how many folks really participate.
As leader you have the ability to take them of your member list. Can't remove from the whole site though. I agrre that the groups need to be active with maybe some sort of limit or qualifacation.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:55 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
please keep in mind that some members have been called away for duty,family duties and during the summer months it can be a very busy time for all of us.....things like that four letter word called work...to me as long as your core group of members increase ...and also the get togethers..then you are doing what Ken is looking for........and i think that should be what we should be focusing on...... i

me,i'm trying look for ways to give my members a reason to stop by more often............

Last edited by f=2504by497; 06-10-2004 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Up to 38 this week, so far. The Iowa boys are coming in strong after an email campaign.

I'm not going to be hard nosed about how often a person uses the forum. I think it would be all fine and good if people checked in real regularly, but that's a lot to expect of everyone.

We all need to remember that we came to this site for various reasons..one of which is that we love our Ford trucks. Another reason, after being here for a while is the camaraderie and friends we have gained. If we get too strict, we may run people off and that's the last thing any of us should do. People will participate when they can. Not everyone is an Internet junkie, like me.

Old 06-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Good post

Being strict & political is the main reason Clubs Deteriorate & fail.

This has been proven many times.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Rosati
Postmaster
Red face

I agree about being on active duty and such but when a user askes to join, you would think they want to participate as much as possible.
Althought it hasn't happened yet, there will eventually be some a year from now that have never even come back to FTE to even post.
Take a look at the Site members list. Of 3406 pages (30 users per page) there are over 10,500 users who have never even posted on FTE.
We claim to have 199,993 members of FTE (ClubFTE or Registered FTE users, I'm not sure) yet over 10,500 (maybe more) have never even posted.
Some of these users are new as of this month but I went back as far as January.

So I guess what I'm saying is if there are 120 members of Texas chapter at some point but only 30 have posted on FTE since a year ago, how many members can I claim to have in the Texas Chapter?
Most clubs require dues to be active, that's why I thought maybe we can use posts or last visits to regulate the memberships to the state chapters.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-11-2004, 12:57 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Krosati, you put up some good remarks. I don't believe any of us want to leave anyone out and are not trying to be overly strick we just want to find a guidline as to how to handle the 1-post wonders. I myself have had 2 that joined the group but have yet to even make 1 post. I know everyone is not as active or will be as active as the core of each chapter so they may only make a post every week or month or two but they are still making posts. I believe we are more concerned with the ones that post 1 or 2 times then you do not hear from them again. How long do we carry these on our rosters is the question. Anyone can become registered on the site and post or read as much as they want with no problem at all. The thing is though is does anyone who just registers have an automatic group membership or should the groups be made up of the ones that have reached certain levels of participation. It's a fine line we are all walking in trying to decide all of this and I believe it will be important that whatever is decided upon should be uniform throughout all the chapters. No matter what we do we will not make everyone happy but as the leaders we are ecpected to make some decisions.

My 2-cents on the subject. Let's see what the other leaders and members are thinking.

On a side note, I still hope we can get a leader forum or at least a central page where these things can be bounced back and forth.

Old 06-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Icicle
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like you've got one right here, thats a good task for general chapter discussion, that way those of us who arent chapter leaders but still care can participate

Old 06-11-2004, 06:05 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by Icicle
looks like you've got one right here, thats a good task for general chapter discussion, that way those of us who arent chapter leaders but still care can participate
Your right it is a good start right here. I must say though that when I mention a "leaders forum" it is just to give a focal point for the leaders to go to just like any forum . The forum should still be open to all members and I would encourage members to post things there that they would like to get to the leaders or to put in their input . I in no means want it to be exclusive from the rest of the group and if it sounded that way I am sorry.

Quick Reply: State Chapter Membership Totals