Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Picking a group leader

Old 04-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Picking a group leader

Ok, I am sure most of you have read the announcement about picking a state chapter/group leader. If not, take a look above at the announcement and see what you think. What I am doing here is just getting a possible list of names of people who would be good candidates. When we get a good list of names I will compile them into a poll and we can vote to see who we want as the group leader. If you think that you want to be, or would make a good group leader then feel free to vote for yourself. Due to a small glitch I don't have my Moderator powers in here right now to make this a sticky so bear with me. Here are a couple of people I have noticed that take part often.

coppock
parks911
the real Broncoholic
wolfmanagh

The list is not limited to these four. Coppock has shown interest in getting people together, and the real broncoholic has invited us to go four wheeling with him. Wolfman is another who have seen around and parks just seems like a fun person that has been participating in the site quite a bit lately. so everybody let me know what you think and we'll get the ball a rolling.

Please, make sure you have read and understand the announcement to aviod any future confusion.

Last edited by Boss_358; 04-15-2004 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Additional text
Old 04-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Another one of my reasons for mentioning parks911 or myself, is because we are both generally in the same central part of the state. So if everyone were to get together, central Minnesota would be a nice center point, since we have people on here who are scattered around on all four corners. Just a thought. Maybe we should get some campaigning going and we can bash eachother for the position. J/K. But, if you want to be the group president, or leader, just mention why you think you would be good for it and see if you can gain votes. Have fun.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:17 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What would the responsibilities consist of?

Would the chapter leader be responsible for arranging periodical FTE MN Chapter group gatherings & activities?

I don't know if I'm a fun person but your correct about my site participation. 95% of my online time is here at FTE.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

By the looks of your avatar it looks like you may have been having a little too much fun. I'll see if I can find some more info.

Old 04-17-2004, 05:01 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by parks911
What would the responsibilities consist of?

Would the chapter leader be responsible for arranging periodical FTE MN Chapter group gatherings & activities?
I asked Dennis if he could come down here & answer this question but he ended up aswering the question about you not being listed as a Moderator.

Thats OK though. I'm sure Ken will fill us all in when he gets the quirks worked out.

Derick, I will accept your nomination although I don't know what I'm getting into.
Hopefully I will have my truck put back together to plan one or two wheeling trips sometime this summer.

Old 04-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

I'm iffy on the whole thing to at the moment as well. I have a lot going on right now and can barely stop to think sometimes. I am not making any conclusions until some more people jump in on this to give there input as well.

Old 04-17-2004, 11:31 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
There are 1,511 members registered to the forums from MN. You would think this forum would be a little more active.

Maybe post something up in user anoucements also to see if more Minnesotans will come give their opinions.

Last edited by parks911; 04-17-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by parks911
There are 1,511 members registered to the forums from MN. You would think this forum would be a little more active.

Where did you see this?

Old 04-18-2004, 12:08 AM
parks911
Cargo Master
Click on members list in the navigation menu.

You can then search for member by locations.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/m....php?do=search

I had results showing 30 members per page & 51 pages were returned with only 11 members on the last page.

I would have to about half of then didn't have any posts though. They were just registered.

155 MN members active within the last week.

Last edited by parks911; 04-18-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Ahhh, thats what you did. I thought that you meant there were actually that many people who have joined the group. I was thinking, well why don't they stop by and say hi. Yeah I looked through the list and most of those people look dormant. I do recognize some names. I am just surpised that more of those people don't stop by to to just let their presence be known. I think we just hijacked the thread.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:45 AM
billsco
Elder User
I'll vote for the man who wants the job. Reading the announcement by the webmaster, it sounds like it will require considerable work. I get the impression FTE is attempting to keep more people who sign up active and it will fall on the club presidents to do so.

Derick, I'd say the first thing is to decide whether or not you're interested.

Old 04-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Interested, yes. But when it comes to organizing things sometimes I fall a little short of ideas and need a little help. Also I want more peoples input as well. I myself would not mind, but I have a lot going on in the next month or so with getting married and all. After that I should have a little more time.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:24 AM
billsco
Elder User
Well, congratulations on the upcoming wedding! Best of luck to you and yours.

Glad to see your hat officially in the ring. I would say don't worry about not being attached by the belly button to FTE. If you want some help I'm sure the troops will rally.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:58 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm here, just so ya know, but have nothing to add.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:34 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Boss_358
Interested, yes. But when it comes to organizing things sometimes I fall a little short of ideas and need a little help. Also I want more peoples input as well. I myself would not mind, but I have a lot going on in the next month or so with getting married and all. After that I should have a little more time.

Derick,

I always fall short of ideas also. The real sad thing is I've learned lately that the ATV'er up here are trying to shut down the trails to OHV (on highway vehicles) so now I might have to venture out onto illegal trails or find some new ones.

I'm also pretty busy in the Summer months with that darn old road construction.

If your name shows up on the ballot you can expect a vote from me!!!

I'm sure people will be supportive, willing to help, & kick some ideas your direction!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picking a group leader