2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 vs TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 10:20 AM
newtitanowner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 vs TITAN

I was a long time ford loyalist when a friend took me to a Titan demo at texas motor speedway. They had a F150, Dodge HEMI, a Chevy. Needless to say, I now own a TITAN

Old 05-30-2004, 10:26 AM
newtitanowner
New User
F150's frame bent and windows were blown out, Dodge HEMI was beaten by 6+ trucklengths in 1/4 mile pulling 7500 lbs. Chevy was the weakest in the bunch. Big thing that discouraged me about the ford, is that it's "strongest frame in it's class" bent like a twig. Very dissapointing.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:11 PM
plasticboob
Junior User
I am not blindly brand loyal (my favorite vehicle is my Jeep), but I sincerely believe you made up 100% of what you just said. Show me pics or videos or a newspaper article and I might change my mind, otherwise you should probably leave this forum. you

Old 05-30-2004, 02:20 PM
bigsnag
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ban this FLAMER!!!

Old 05-30-2004, 02:51 PM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by plasticboob
I am not blindly brand loyal (my favorite vehicle is my Jeep), but I sincerely believe you made up 100% of what you just said. Show me pics or videos or a newspaper article and I might change my mind
1. They are not going to let cameras in an OEM event like this unless it,s the press (C&D, MT, PM, R&T, MW, etc); and

2. This sort of thing is not covered by the news, so there was no article in the Fort Worth paper this morning.

Now, he made still be full of it, but there really isn't any way he can give you your proof.

Old 05-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Blue02F150
New User
Originally Posted by newtitanowner
F150's frame bent and windows were blown out, Dodge HEMI was beaten by 6+ trucklengths in 1/4 mile pulling 7500 lbs. Chevy was the weakest in the bunch. Big thing that discouraged me about the ford, is that it's "strongest frame in it's class" bent like a twig. Very dissapointing.
Whoever believes this crap is a moron.

Old 05-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Cirdan49
Junior User
Let's just lock the thread and end the insanity. The Ram IS the fastest truck and the F-150 does have the strongest frame in its class. Let's not joke here, I'll admit the Ford isn't the fastest and I'm 100% brand loyal to Ford. Sounds like Nissan did a good job of "Fixing" these other trucks. Good ol' Japanese Repair

Old 05-30-2004, 04:55 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Troll.

Mabe your introduction should read "I was a long time Ford loyalist, but now that I own a Titan I have decided to find a Ford website and stir up trouble with the Ford owners. I didn't join or post in the past, but now that I don't own a Ford and think that they are inferior this is the best place for me to hang out."

The following is a story that takes place at any racetrack, such as the Texas Motor Speedway:

You wouldn't believe the results of the competition. The Ford frame bent like a coat hanger. What I didn't expect to see was what was actually inside the frame after it finally snapped. Ford apparently is using plastic inside the frame to save money these days and help reduce weight. The Chevy barely made it off the start line. Upon inspecting the engine I was surprised to see 8 hampster running wheels mounted in a V pattern. Apparently Chevy considers this a V8 now. In Chevies defense, they were rather large Hampsters. As for the Dodge, it got off to a quick start but the truck actually started falling apart on the raceway. First a front fender, then a rear, and then the other two fell off when the Nissan lapped it for the second time. By the end of the race the only body left on the truck was the cab.

As for the Nissan, wow, what a truck! They had a cutout of the frame and it is the strongest design I have ever seen. The main frame members are made of solid hardened steel and are approximately 2' thick. I was surprised when they hooked the engine up to the dyno because the power was much more than advertised. It put down 475HP and 1200 ft/lbs of torque. That could explain why it was twice as fast as the Ford in the 1/4 mile. When it came time to hook up the trailer the big 3 trucks sagged bigtime. The rear of the Nissan actually was higher with the trailer on than it was without. Got to love that Japanese engineering...

Last edited by johnsdiesel; 05-30-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:38 PM
plasticboob
Junior User
Johnsdiesel, that's really good, but you forgot to mention the 2.5 ton Rockwell axle the Titans have!

Old 05-30-2004, 06:41 PM
bassdude
Elder User
i think this is the same joker that was on some other sites trying to start stuff. the dodge guys fell for it hard, i hope we don't.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:04 PM
fatman66
Senior User
I'm certainly willing to believe that the Titan beat the F-150 off the line, it might even have beat the Ram (I stress might) but when you claimed that the F-150 frame bent we all knew you were full of *****, you sure it wasn't the Tundra?. If you want to be a lying troll to get your jollies and stir up arguments try less blatant lies next time and you might not get flamed like the chump you are so fast. I'm glad you like your Titan, try the folks at Titantalk, that is a forum where you can talk about...wait for it...The Titan!

Old 05-30-2004, 10:04 PM
MountainHound
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My dad's neighbor who's also a good friend bought one a few months back.

He got hooked in after a test drive and traded off a 99 Ram 2500 5.9L on one because of the impressive acceleration. Problem is he tows a few trailers pretty often-one of them a 3000lb utility tractor on flatbed trailer. He's completly disgusted with the towing performance and mileage.

He averages only 14 mpg mixed driving (my 6.8L F250 V10 gets 11-12 and weighs another 2000lbs!!) and says the engine is a joke pulling uphill and is hard pressed to maintain 45mph with the tractor/trailer on some of the highway hills where the speed limit is 70mph. Last time I talked to him he was comsidering eating a loss and trading it in something different.

That wouldn't work for me. I don't like to race when I'm towing but I don't enjoy holding up traffic and getting passed by semi tractors going up mild interstate hills!

I call the Titan a "town truck" along with the Tundra because most of the folks who own them are city people/suburbanites and don't really use them like pickups. More for image and recreation, which is fine by me. Whatever keeps you happy.

Last edited by MountainHound; 05-30-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Manitoulin
Senior User
couldn't of said it better

Old 05-31-2004, 01:07 AM
calgary_redneck
Senior User
Originally Posted by MountainHound
My dad's neighbor who's also a good friend bought one a few months back.

He got hooked in after a test drive and traded off a 99 Ram 2500 5.9L on one because of the impressive acceleration. Problem is he tows a few trailers pretty often-one of them a 3000lb utility tractor on flatbed trailer. He's completly disgusted with the towing performance and mileage.

He averages only 14 mpg mixed driving (my 6.8L F250 V10 gets 11-12 and weighs another 2000lbs!!) and says the engine is a joke pulling uphill and is hard pressed to maintain 45mph with the tractor/trailer on some of the highway hills where the speed limit is 70mph. Last time I talked to him he was comsidering eating a loss and trading it in something different.

That wouldn't work for me. I don't like to race when I'm towing but I don't enjoy holding up traffic and getting passed by semi tractors going up mild interstate hills!

I call the Titan a "town truck" along with the Tundra because most of the folks who own them are city people/suburbanites and don't really use them like pickups. More for image and recreation, which is fine by me. Whatever keeps you happy.

This kind of attitude is exactly what inabled the japanese to get such a large foot hold on northamerican car market. The japanese have proved that they can do everything just as well as the americans or europeans if not better most times. The same attitude existed about japanese economy cars and later suv's and small pick-ups and luxury cars, all now concitered rightfully so to some of the finest made machines money can buy.

Old 05-31-2004, 05:41 AM
MrOldV8
Elder User
One good thing about the Titan...At least it will be easy to find in a parking lot. That's because it'll be the only one there! I've seen a grand total of 3 of them on the road since their introduction, and there's a big Nissan dealer nearby. Of course there's plenty of em on the dealer's lot. Maybe the truck-buying public is a little wiser than Nissan figured. Lotsa new F150's driving around here, though. Does anybody have recent sales figures for these so we can compare?

MR

Quick Reply: F150 vs TITAN