Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

And finally the all awaited final draft.

Old 06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
And finally the all awaited final draft.

Ok, after a rather short conversation on the phone with the silk screener, I have decided that there is no way I am gonna charge $40-$60 for a shirt.

I really had to twist Dick's arm to get him to design yet another logo (not really, I found it in my email after work )

These are the last two. I promise.

Attached Images   
Old 06-08-2004, 07:45 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Numero Nino. It's a tough call.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:02 PM
RICE H8R
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like 9...

Old 06-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Howdy.... well, after being up for an overnight shift and staying awake, so I could sleep tonight, I was up for 38 hours before I finally fell over. I was just getting too shaky to try to go the last bit, but wanted to see if I was going in the direction that met, at least halfway, bits of all the other images I had submitted, so that everyone would be kind of satisfied with the final results. This has been a fun, but not so easy, task. I want an image that I'll be proud to be seen in public with and I am probably my own worst critic. When I am finally done and have made an iron on that meets my own standards, I will have Matt post a photo of my completed tee shirt. Hopefully, by then I will also have figured the costs of printing and mailing.....or we can also post the image in a format that you all can print from it yourself and save wear and tear on my printer....another bridge we shall cross.

The two images I submitted to Matt, still need FINAL FINAL FINAL editing to sharpen the riders edges so that the rider stands out just a bit better. These images are probably a 98% finished result. I am still going to do some more work to fine tune them so that an iron on sheet, will be easily done and give at least a somewhat professional appearance. ( And I will not have been awake 40 hours in the process of final final final design stage.) I promise you all, an image you will be proud to wear in public. ( Either that, or I'll go crazy in the process! )

One last thing I am thinking about is to darken all the letters, either fully like the FTE logo or just do a darker outline with the white letters. Who knows what tomorrow and a good nights sleep may bring?

Old 06-10-2004, 11:54 AM
68torino
Posting Guru
My vote is for 9!

Old 06-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well, I promised a logo that would be well liked. I have worked on the final design until I am as blurry as the dang thing prints out. So.... I have handed the logo off to a friend, who is a professional sign maker and has programs for making logos that won't quit.

The image that I last presented...#9 seems to be the desired one. When it is printed out, the horseman blends into the circular background so much that it can barely be made out. So.........

What I am having him do is :
1. Get rid of the circular background, leaving only the horse & rider.
2. Sharpen the image of the horse and rider or..see below...
3. Make all fonts the same type and color as the FTE logo...dark Ford Blue.

He is looking for a different horse and rider...says he has one on one of his disks. So I told him to go ahead and see what he can come up with, without making a totally different logo. I want one as exact to the one I designed as possible. When I left his place a bit ago, he was kicking back going," Hmmmmm..." , so I think he may have some good ideas that will make a nicely printable logo. My programs just don't get down to the fine nitty gritty like his sign making programs do. So...when he emails something to me, I will mail a copy of the finished product to Matt to post here.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:05 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
number nine

Michael

Old 06-30-2004, 12:09 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
what'd you ever find out, fordlover??? we got a logo yet???

Michael

Old 06-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Not yet... the guy is slow...but makes a quality image to print. He makes vynal signs that require perfectly smooth edges on images so the cutter doesn't try to cut every pixel along the edge out. He knows we want it as soon as possible, but he also has a business to run.

Any of you have my permission to print out the logos as they are right now, putting them on an iron on transfer and putting them on your own shirt. I think the final design has to be approved by Ken though, since we are using the FTE logo with it.

If you read in the Chapters link...top right on page...scroll to bottom ... you'll see that FTE also reserves the right to sell t-shirts with our logo on them. If the logo is approved by Ken, there may be a possibility of getting shirts made through FTE and at a reasonable cost. For the time being, I am going to be patient with my friend in hopes he comes up with something that is highly printable, rather than the feeble attempt I made at making the logo. It looks good on puter...but on paper it lacks. Lets give it a bit more time and then let me get Kens approval...after all...we are calling ourselves the High Plains "Drifters" rather than just the high plains chapter. So, we are kinda the odd ducks here so far. Of the other logos I'm aware of, they all go with Chapter in their name.

Sorry it's taking so long...but they say.."Good things come to those who wait"

Old 06-30-2004, 08:06 AM
mt4rusty
Junior User
well you guys must have better eyes than me i cant really tell a difference but i would like to extend my appreciation for all the hard work that has been going into this. well done. i am sure i will be happy with whatever you end up coming up with.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Talked to my friend this morning. He said he's still working on it and its shaping up. I asked him to make a large size for the back of a shirt and a smaller one for on the front. So... you can either just use the FTE logo on the front or a combo of both. I'm also hoping he gets it done before the Kalispell meet so I can have some t-shirts ready and have approval from Ken on the design.

Old 06-30-2004, 10:50 PM
MontanaFord
Elder User
sounds good Fordlover...i can be patient...i was just wondering if i'd missed a posting on it somewhere along the way...glad to see that things are shaping up better...and i agree...hopefully before august, but if not, then soon thereafter would be nice, too...

Michael

Old 07-03-2004, 08:55 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just a thought on this, when you get it all shaped up maybe possibly printing it on vinyl that can be put onto a truck, I would buy it to put on my race truck.
Like I said just a thought, or idea not sure if it would be a possiblility

Old 07-06-2004, 01:02 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
cool idea, monsterbaby...real cool idea...

Michael

Old 07-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by monsterbaby
just a thought on this, when you get it all shaped up maybe possibly printing it on vinyl that can be put onto a truck, I would buy it to put on my race truck.
Like I said just a thought, or idea not sure if it would be a possiblility
When my friend, who is working on it gets it done, I will ask him about costs for making some vinyl ones. He uses vinal a lot in his sign making business. It would probably depend on how many we want to have printed and cut. With the different colors, it would take several cuttings and several applications...but we shall see what he says.

Search this Thread