6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Odometer Trick (See RPM's and digital Codes)

Old 05-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Odometer Trick (See RPM's and digital Codes)

Here is information I found regarding your odometer reset buttom that will sho various or all coeds and even a digital RPM readout.

Read with interest as I did...sorry for the long post (but might be fun to try).

ODOMETER TRICK TO SEE COMPUTER VALUES AND GAUGE READOUTS

From www.Dieselstop.com

Put your key in the ignition and leave in the off position. Hold your trip button on the speedometer to the reset position and hold there. Turn the key on but do not start yet. When all you gauges sweep release the trip button. Now you are in "digital" mode on the mileage odometer. You can start your truck and you can press the trip button to get different readings such as a digital tac. It can show you various sensor readings.

Kinda interesting.... to reset the digital stuff just turn the truck off and restart and you will back to showing the mileage.

I don't know/understand some of the diesel code(s)etc. but we have used many times on our Lightning.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Here's the odometer function followed by a description.

GAGE - Carries out gauge sweep of all gauges, then displays the present gauge values. Also carries out the check sum test on ROM and EEPROM.

All segments illuminated.
Illuminates all odometer segments.

bulb
Illuminates all micro-controlled lamps and LEDs.

r ####
Returns to normal operation of all micro-controlled lamps and LEDs and displays hexadecimal value for ROM level (used when requesting assistance from the hotline).

nr####
Displays hexidecimal ROM level and type as stored in non-volatile memory (NVM).

EE ##
Displays hexadecimal value for EE level (used when requesting assistance from the hotline).

dt ####
Displays hexadecimal code for the final manufacturing date.

###C
Gas engines display last temperature gauge input value from SCP, temperature gauge will indicate present temperature. Diesel engine displays present temperature analog/digital input in decimal as a ratio, temperature gauge will indicate present temperature.

dtc ####
Displays a 16 bit DTC in hexidecimal format. DTCs displayed are those detected in continuous operation not during self-test.

EnG
Displays English speed value being input, speedometer will indicate present speed.

m
Displays metric speed value being input, speedometer will indicate present speed.
tAc Displays the tachometer value being input to the instrument cluster. Tachometer will indicate present rpm.

FUEL
Displays the present analog/digital fuel level being input to the instrument cluster as a ratio.

OIL
Displays the last analog/digital reading of the oil pressure switch contact resistance, oil gauge will indicate present level.

br
Displays the brake fluid level in an analog/digital ratio value.

bAt ##.#
Displays present battery analog/digital voltage.

rhEo
Displays present hexadecimal pulse width modulation (PWM) dimming input.

rhi, rhS, rho
Alternating 1 second display of pulse width modulation (PWM) input duty cycle, SCP hexidecimal dimming step, output driver counts in hexadecimal.

Cr
RUN/START sense circuit check.

PA, Pb, PC, and Pd
Displays 8-bit hexadecimal value for the Port A, B, C, and D readings (used when requesting information from the hotline).

PE0-PE7
Displays 8-bit hexadecimal value for the Port E0-Port E7 in analog/digital readings

Old 05-28-2004, 06:24 AM
resqdawg3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's pretty cool! Have you tried it yet?

Old 05-28-2004, 09:00 AM
PSD6litre40
Posting Guru
i tried but didnt seem to work

Old 05-28-2004, 09:09 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It will also clear your trip meter. I prefer the diag part of the Predator. Reads the same stuff.

Old 05-28-2004, 09:54 AM
resqdawg3
Senior User
I'd love to get a predator, but I don't want to have to get the new flash for my rig. It still has the stock June programming and running like a champ! I'd hate to get the new flash and have the truck run crappy.

Old 05-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Cos
Freshman User
Talking Playing With Odometer

I just read your post last night. I couldn't wait to give it a try! I found it worked just as you said, and after having played with it for a while a thought occured to me. I have an 03 Super Duty F-350 long box the only mod so for is the predator. I can't say enough good things about the difference it has made. One of the things that I most wanted was to get rid of the top in limiter. Now with that out of the way I would like to know just how fast this 5 ton rocket is moving. After finding the digital speedometer I had hopes that now I would be able to see speeds in excess of 100 mph. After having played around I was sad to find that it also stops at 100 mph. However, I bet that someone with a little computer skill could fix that problem. I'm pretty sure that the second digit will go above 0. Let's find someone out here to fix it. Thanks for the great post.

Old 05-29-2004, 04:53 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can run your Predator diagnostics with the engine running and see a digital readout of speed. I don't know what the limit is. You can watch and log all sorts of parameters while driving with the predator.